Wendy, I... I feel stunned. You haven't been writing any LC fanfiction for the last three weeks. You have written seven stories in another fandom. And right now, that's your only fanfic inspiration.

It sounds as if you are leaving Lois and Clark fanfiction. And maybe you are.

If so, I can't blame you. Just today, I checked the Archive to see how many stories of yours were uploaded there. Unless I lost count, there were about 140.

I was going to say something about that in my previous comment on your Christmas story, but for some reason I never got around to it. But I was going to say that it's absolutely fantastic the way your stories seem to have covered very nearly every possible angle and explored almost every possible direction offered by the premise of Lois and Clark.

And maybe you, too, feel that your L&C fanfic stories have finally done just that.

You have contributed tremendously to the body of Lois and Clark fanfiction. Tremendously. I want to ask you how you can leave now, now that I've just jumped on board. How can you leave? You, of all people? With your intelligence and sensitivity and your mature understanding of human emotion? With your amazing flair for storytelling? With your wonderfully, smoothly flowing prose?

But it's not your fault that I haven't discovered Lois and Clark fanfiction until now. And much as I wish that everything would stay just the way I like it best, I'm well past the age when you can believe in that sort of thing. Because nothing lasts forever. And my wishes aren't the only ones that count.

Wendy, I wish you the best. I hope you'll be happy writing your new fanfiction and doing everything else that I can imagine that an extremely gifted and capable person like yourself is doing with her life. And if you ever want to return to Lois and Clark fanfiction, you will be - what words am I looking for now? I can't find them - more than welcome.

I wish you the very, very best, and I so, so much want to thank you!!!!

Ann