Thanks, people!! I've really appreciated all of y'all's comments! As I said in the beginning, I mostly just needed some folks to care if the story got done--I wouldn't have finished it nearly this soon without you guys' encouragement!

Virginia, I want to know that too! What would it have been like if Clark had known he was different his whole life and been able to focus on the similarities instead of thinking he was the same and then having his differences thrust in his face when he went through puberty? Yeah, I don't think it would have been possible to raise him without instilling fear, but it'd be nice if it were... And seriously! I don't see how either of them could have trusted each other/each other's love without actually hashing through all this. Too bad the show authors didn't do something other than the ARGH to manage it!

Thanks, Laura! I agree! You can't just move on. I love that you called Lex a "celebrity psychopath," btw. I am all about writing the angst, so I love this timeframe smile

Thanks, Cuidadora! Glad you think I've wrapped up my loose ends smile

Thanks, Susan! I really have no idea about writing more L&C. I'm going back to working on the things I actually get to publish. It's possible that I'll write more when I'm in between books or if I get sick again. I've really enjoyed getting to write this fic and interact with all of you lovely folks though!

"Let me help. A hundred years or so from now, I believe, a famous novelist will write a classic using that theme. He'll recommend those three words even over I love you." JTK to EK (City on the Edge of Forever)