Hi Vicki!

that I was glad to see someone who appeared to be considerably less reckless paired up with Lois, hoping that he could ground her a bit and keep her safe.
Or, at least, hole her up on a lonesome island in the Pacific?

I joked back asking if he'd picked up Kent for jay-walking or something - the man was of such high character that it was hard to imagine him doing anything wrong at all.
Like exposing himself in public or damaging public property?

No blood. No slick red trail leading from the spot where Clark's body had landed to where it would have been thrown into a getaway vehicle. No tell-tale drops of congealing red, turning black as they dried, to speak of the man's sacrifice.
Maybe it’s because it was on a show too early in the evening? No blood before 9 or something of the sort?

It was as though they had been shot into something that resisted them, refusing them the ability to penetrate the man's vulnerable flesh.
What if Superman had supersped in there, stayed just long enough to catch the bullets and then taken off again?

More importantly, I know, without any doubt, that Clark would never, ever protect himself like that if Lois couldn't.
What if Lois didn’t need a vest because she’s carrying Superman’s lovechild and his Kryptonian aura had already started to develop, protecting her from worldly harm? That way, only Clark would need to wear a vest?

Even the poorest marksman couldn't have missed him, even with his eyes closed.
What if they were Imperial Stormtroopers? After all, they *were* clones. After a fashion, so it’s not *that* much of a stretch.

How did the murder scene wind up clean?
Lois has a tendency to scrub when she’s upset?

The bullets couldn't pierce his flesh, if what I suspect is true. Which means, he isn't actually dead. He only pretended to be dead. Which means this investigation is for nothing.
Treat. More time wasted. More tax payers’ money down the drain.

Which also means that Clark is committing a crime, by faking his own death.
That’s a crime?

Of course, that raises more questions, including if Lois is covering for him and giving us a false report - another crime.
Maybe he should arrest Superman and then lock Lois up in the cell next to him. That should be fun.
CLARK: help

It seems cruel to laugh at her expense, especially now, when she is so clearly broken up over her best friend's death. But you have to admit, it is rather funny that a world class, respected, award-winning journalist could work alongside Superman every single day for how long now? Two years? A little longer? Two and a half, maybe? How could she not see it?
Oh, look! We finally know Tempus’s ancestry laugh

And for myself, I will try to find a way to grieve for a murdered man who still lives on.
LOIS: Really? *Henderson* knew, too?

I’ll admit. I expected him to come up with something smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.