Well, DarthMike has already mentioned most points I wanted to, so there's little left to say but that I enjoyed this. I'm generally not a fan of extensive dream sequences, but this one was done quite nicely.

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Why was Kaldar dressed in black and wearing a mask when he danced with Loysa?
LOIS: huh
SUBCONSIOUS: whistle

More importantly, why was Kaldar the scribe?
Lois: huh
Subconscious: If he was just a an ordinary man leading an ordinary life...

Their makeup and hair were done in the very height of fashion, yet try as they might; none were as captivating and as beautiful as Princess Loysa
Not exactly humble in your dreams, are you, Lois? (Then again, who is?)

Loysa was fully aware that, although the two had known each other since they were children the only thing they held in common was their birthplace.

Subconscious: Don't you see?!?

His face, despite the gray mask, normally so open and cheerful became serious and closed as tight as a fist.
Yeah, definitely Superman. Not Clark.

“Yes, my … Alexi.” She felt foolish and very immature;
Isn't that the way Luthor always made her feel? (No, not obvious, Lois. Not obvious at all.)

“Ah such innocence is a treasure! Soon, Loysa, we shall share a ‘dance’ that your dance master could not teach.”
[Linked Image]

Besides his unknown identity, it was solely that a properly groomed gentleman did not appear in public all in black. It was most definitely not the fashion. But here he was; breaking an unwritten rule.
Like not combining three binary colors?
Or not combining too-colorful ties with otherwise fine suits?

A torrent of thoughts raced through her mind. Why would Kaldar allow the woman he loved to marry another man, no matter how kind?
Nobody knows but him. smirk
Why on earth would he run away to his estate with a woman he didn’t love?
Because he couldn't have the woman he did love?
Why was Kaldar dressed in black and wearing a mask when he danced with Loysa? Was it a secret identity to keep Prince Alexi and others from knowing who he was?
Nah, what does he have to hide, anyway? With Clark, what you see is what you get. Remember?

I'm just surprised Lois doesn't get the brilliant idea to suggest to Superman that he start a secret identity to keep people from knowing who he is. evil (Although why he would want to hide from Lex, of all people, is still a mystery.)

“Clark Jerome Kent, open this door right now!”
Hello to you too, Lois! Nice to see you. laugh
Glad to see Mad Dog back.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)