Hi Morgana!

“Lois! Where have you been all day? Perry hasn’t chained you to the desk on a Friday night because you were chasing down a source that didn’t pan out?
Lois? No, she brings her own chains.
CAT: Kinky!

Come with us, the Pulitzer Prize isn’t going anywhere!”
LOIS: shock

The man was a nut on the subject, even brought his own supply of water from Metropolis for drinking and bathing.”
*Bathing*? thud

I knew by the time the paperwork arrived, all the evidence would disappear into Hobbs Bay.”
So she ‘investigated’?
LOIS: The inside of a closed drum can be very interesting, I have you know. Especially with dirty sea water seeping slowly inside as it sinks to the bottom of the bay.

“Don’t tell me, you did something Perry doesn’t want to know about and dragged poor Clark into it?” Diane said as a worried frown creased her pretty face.
CLARK: Well…to be fair, I dragged her out of it. The bay, that is.

“It was weird; I guess the thought of killing an innocent person was too much for him. The poor man dropped the poker, fell to his knees and started sobbing. The gruesome reality of what he had done finally hit him with unyielding force.”
See? That’s why you hire a professional.
LEX: Actually, it’s so you don’t get nasty blood spatter all over your $ 10,000 suit.

I confronted Aldrich alone ...just like when I first started investigative reporting!”
TEMPUS: It’s a surprise she’s even still alive. …[Linked Image][Linked Image]

You were alone with a killer!”
Yes, but a white-collar one.

He even asked me to ride in the squad car so he could finish relating his side of the story.”

“Aha! So, that explains where you’ve been this afternoon.” Diane said rather dryly.
Trying to get his story out and contaminate the jury pool? What with a national newspaper, they won’t be able to find 12 peers who don’t feel sorry for the sod.

Clark has been squiring his old high school ‘friend’ Lana Lang around town a lot since she moved here from Los Angeles.
Oh-oh.

How could she tell Diane that she had indeed seen The Queen’s Consort with its dashing male lead, Hugh Cain and his stunning co-star, Terisa Hatcher? Her mind drifted backwards to last Saturday night.

FLASHBACK
Oh? Also, laugh

Sure, she led an interesting life as an assistant curator in the Metropolis Museum and traveled all over the world acquiring, cataloging and studying artifacts from ancient ruins.
She does? [Linked Image] I wonder if she’s wearing a fedora and carries a whip... Now, that would be interesting, Lois facing an adventurous opponent who also, from time to time, could require Superman’s attentions.

Through the flawless combination of talented actors, historical settings and meticulously crafted, colorful period costumes the story had transported her to a long ago era of grace and refined manners.
So, Hollywood in the 19th century?

Just as the lights went up she heard the familiar voice of Lana Lang loudly talking to someone in self-assured tones, disparaging the cast and everything else about the film.
shock

With an inward groan she realized Clark had taken Lana to the movies! Of all the movie theatres in Metropolis, why, oh why, had he taken her to this one?
Because they were on a date?
LOIS: thud

After feeding her fish, she indulged in a long, cold shower to get the sweat off her body.
Oh yes. Summer. Public transportation. You are cool and fresh all day, and then, 30 minutes on the bus or subway, and you’re soaked through and through cat

Lex Luthor agreed to donate one million dollars to the Metropolis Museum in order to help them build a secure facility for the amazing rare art treasures Superman had recently discovered in an underground vault.
laugh

Lex was certainly a man to be admired. The greatest philanthropist Metropolis had ever known.
sick

“What are you doing here so late on a Friday night? Shouldn’t you be with friends after a long week at work?”
Really, Clark? You think you should ask her that as *Superman*?

Terribly flattered that the superhero thought of her, Lois responded,
On the other hand, Lois doesn’t notice that even a superhero thinks of her as hopeless.

Besides, the movie they went to, The Queen’s Consort, I’ve already seen. It must have been last Saturday, what a humid night that was!”
Oops?

“There’s *no* article about Luthor that can’t wait until Monday morning.”
What about the one about his criminal pursuits? His arrest? His failed attempt at base jumping?

How did the Man of Steel know she was talking about a ballroom scene?
SUPERMAN: Umm…Napoleonic era? Dance floor? I just figured, it wasn’t roller disco huh

He was no longer wearing the familiar blue and red spandex suit of a superhero but the evening garments of a nobleman about to dance with his lady.
Danger! Danger!

TBC
Oh boy. I have no idea what’s coming next. Intrigue? Jealousy? Screwballing? But it’s very well crafted!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.