I agree with you nivafrer about how Clark's hurts in the series seemed to be dismissed and never explored, especially after Season 1. Some of the issues from season 1 being ignored could be because of the change in producers and writers in Season 2, and the shift in the series towards more Superman action.

My question about Lois's trust issues really is about her trust of Clark. Does she know why she dismissed Clark's concerns about Lex as jealousy but thinks she would have accepted them from Superman? That's the only Clark-Superman issue I was thinking of regarding trust. Mostly because she's not aware of the secret identity issue.

I was also wondering if she sees that she's expecting Clark to trust her instincts but she doesn't do the same to him? Rather cruelly dismissing or not even asking for his opinion and ideas until the past couple of days when she goes in the opposite direction. I'm not necessarily looking for answers in this post, I just find it interesting to contemplate and you may or may not plan to address them in later chapters. I can wait to find out. wink

And I haven't said it before, but I think you're doing a great job of exploring the issues that got swept away and showing the painful journey both of them are going through because of their issues. clap

I think both of them contributed to the problems they have now, and neither can be considered entirely blameless or to blame.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly