Breathtakingly good, Wendy!

Once they started talking about mercury poisoning, I wondered if it might be lead... good choice from the poisoner's point of view, too, since it wouldn't be something too many people would think of. They would have tested for arsenic early on, but might not think of lead. Not real common in adults.

I don't think there'd be memory loss to the point of total amnesia of recent events - it'd be more like an inability to recall details or a learning disability sort of thing. So hopefully she'll remember the wedding, etc. smile If she lives. We're assuming she will. If it is lead, it's pretty treatable, although the antidotes aren't exactly a walk in the park.

There may be organ damage, though. And impairment of things like fine motor coordination. Pretty rough if you are trying to hold a pencil or type. And let's not forget the affects on one's ability to have children...

Loved, loved, loved the part where she was in the hospital and started to deteriorate, Clark's reactions, her need for him... Beautifully emotional.

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler