Oh boy, you know when the FDK folder is called "Poor Clark, I'll marry you if she dies", that you are about to read something... well... that can't possibly end well. I check the site thinking, "two more parts, surely things will be looking up up up! Hurray!" But then I see the FDK folder, and begin reading while biting a nail and pinching my arm. Hard.

Wendy, I have to say, I honestly thought this story would be angsty for about, I dunno... 15-17 of the parts, then she'd get well and we'd have all these pages of kissing and sharing and her long recovery from the long-lasting effects. But nooo... I underestimated you!! Or overestimated. Depending on how you look at it, really goofy You have us guessing and going crazy until the very last section! All I have to say to that is thumbsup
“We’ll keep it safe for you, don’t worry.”

Clark stepped forward. “I’ll hold onto that for my wife.” He extended his hand, palm upwards.

He’d just closed his fingers around the ring
“Cl... Cla...” She could barely articulate his name, though her gaze never left him even as she grunted and mumbled in an attempt to answer the interminable questions.

“Lois, I’m here, it’s okay,” he murmured.
All of this is killing me! I love the intensity of this scene! I love when Clark's talking to the doctor but won't take his eyes off of Lois... and then:
“Lois... sweetheart, I’m here, I won’t leave you... talk to me, tell me you can hear me...”

She wasn’t responding. Couldn’t hear him. Wasn’t seeing him. Wasn’t aware of anything. Doctors prodding her, poking instruments near her, talking about her as if she wasn’t even there.

“God, Lois!” Desperation seized him. He covered her lips with his, tasted salt and realised that he was crying.

Not now. Not yet. Please, not yet...
The clincher. Lost it completely here. You've written a masterfully emotional and intense scene, and this just did me in! A painful finale, sort of.

I have nothing but blind faith now. I am hoping this:

“Lead! It was lead.”
... will lead to the next and last FDK folder saying "Yesssssss! She lives!!!!!!!!!!!" or something like that! please... grovel
If we’re wrong... well, administering an antidote she doesn’t need won’t really make any difference.”

Because she would be dead anyway. Clark swallowed.

He had to be right. It had to be lead. Had to be. Because being wrong was going to cost him everything in the world that mattered to him.
Please, Wendy!!

Final part soooooon??!??

~NICOLE smile