Thank you! Metal shavings!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arugh Clark I just want to box your ears. Gee. I'm not too impressed with the lab people that would have gone through the toy makers lab.

Gee, it was all there. That is too bad it wasn't caught sooner:
Symptoms of Toxicity
The general symptoms of lead poisoning are universal although more informaton is available on poisoning in humans. The first symptoms of lead toxicity are very general and nonspecific. These include nausea, sluggishness, vomiting, painful gastrointestinal irritation, diarrhea, loss of appetite, colic, weakness and dehydration. These symptoms are common to many disorders and can often lead to inaccurate diagnosis.
Some symptoms more specific to human poisoning include discoloration of the lips and skin attributed mild secondary anemia, a lead line on the gums, developmental disorders, sterility and abortion. There have also been some prelimiunary reports indicating that chronic lead poisoning can also lead to chronic nephritis and premature development of arteriosclerosis.
More severe cases of poisoning can produce symptoms including convulsions,"wrist drop" or external limb paralysis, coma and ultimately death.
Sigh, I can hardly wait and see if they can make Lois better. Hmmm. Probably b/c if it was bad I think there would be a few more chapters to focus in on Clark's sadness.

See I'm trying to think positive here.

Too bad they don't have this . Hmmm, I wonder if it would help Lois.

That was beautifuly written. When Clark was waiting outside of the hospital room - there was something about what was going through his mind that brought tears to my eyes.

Sutton broke off abruptly as Lois began to thrash around.

Voices turned into a blur of sound in the background. Clark screened all of them out. He moved onto the edge of the bed beside Lois and took her into his arms, trying to calm her.

“Lois... sweetheart, I’m here, I won’t leave you... talk to me, tell me you can hear me...”

She wasn’t responding. Couldn’t hear him. Wasn’t seeing him. Wasn’t aware of anything. Doctors prodding her, poking instruments near her, talking about her as if she wasn’t even there.

“God, Lois!” Desperation seized him. He covered her lips with his, tasted salt and realised that he was crying.

Not now. Not yet. Please, not yet...
Ah, man! So sad. thumbsup

Hehe - more.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.