Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
These last chapters brought many memories for me, too. My Kayla was born at 32 weeks in a very stormy day, with heavy rain, thunder, lightning and wind.

I had a very easy pregnancy until week 30, then suddenly I started gaining over 2lbs every single day and my blood pressure got out of control. dizzy I found out that I had preeclampsia. frown The swelling was so much that it was hard moving my legs and there was no shoe that I could wear. I went to an appointment and my doctor sent me to the hospital and told me that I couldn't leave until my baby was born. I freaked out because I wasn't expecting it would be so soon! They kept me under meds until week 32 because she was too little, but by then I had gained 66lbs and my blood pressure was skyrocketing, so they couldn't wait anymore.

She was born with 3lbs 8oz and had to stay at the NICU for 30 days. At the third day when they told me I could go home I broke down and cried for hours. mecry When she came home she was still little (3lbs 15oz) but thanks God she was very healthy. Now she's turning 6 in two months and nobody would imagine she was a premature. smile

Your descriptions made the story very real. It's a hard time and Lois and Clark still have the additional stress of the DNA test. I hope it will be for the better (confirming Clark is the father) but I'm on the edge of my seat until we know for sure. help
I'm not commenting for lack of time, but I've been reading. peep I'm looking forward to the last chapters. hyper

Andreia

Geez, I can't even imagine. I spent my pregnancy counting down the weeks, celebrating each time we started a new week without the girls making their appearance, since it was such a higher risk of preterm for twins. I think around week 35 was when I started to relax a little.

But, like you, I went to a regular check and they sent me across the street to the hospital for monitoring and was told that I'd be having the babies that night. I had no symptoms of pre-e other than elevated blood pressure, but I was 4 days from my scheduled C-section and they didn't want to risk anything.

In any case, I love hearing that my descriptions rang true for someone. And yes, I haven't been all that nice to L&C in this fic - the rape, the pheromone spray, the DNA test, the preterm birth, Clark's kidnapping...I'm surprised my characters are still talking to me at all. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon