That took me right back to when Neal was born. It was so heartbreaking to leave the hospital when he was still in the NICU. And he couldn't latch on without help until he was a month old. Throughout my easy pregnancy, I had midwifery care and planned to nurse him exclusively, and then when he had such a traumatic birth, doctors took over my care and his, and when they fed him formula because he couldn't nurse, I cried. That was my lowest point, when I felt that everything had spiraled out of my control. Clement got to hold him before I ever saw him (except for a few seconds after he was born), too. So this whole part felt so real to me - it's like you read my diary! wink He was so small when we were finally able to take him home that we had to bunch four blankets around him so that he would fit in the car seat. LOL...no one would ever believe that if they saw him now! laugh

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink