“Wearing a tank top and shorts? Yes,” she replied.
[…]
. And those bottoms were to shorts as a necklace was to a shirt. Not even close.
laugh
LOIS: What? I call them shorts because they’re short. It’s not a lie or anything…

“I thought that you weren’t… um…” he sputtered, unable to concentrate properly.
…naked?
CLARK: Yes. I thought you weren’t naked. I mean nude. I mean nine. Erm…dressed. help ?

“Wearing anything under my nightshirt? I got that memo. Thanks,” Lois said wryly.
Also, did he just act like she got the plague or something when he jumped up? He must really not wish to see her naked. Must do wonders for her self-esteem laugh

She bent over and picked up her nightshirt from the floor, giving him a peek-a-boo glance at the area above the top of her thighs from under her boxer shorts.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Clark sucked in a deep breath and shifted his gaze upwards towards the ceiling, placing his hands on his knees to stop himself from doing something they both might regret.
Removing said shorts?

“Let’s talk about that,” she said.

“Our love?” he asked with little hope.

Lois leaned back on the couch next to him and took hold of his hand. “You wanting me.”
laugh
CAT: I already tried that. Didn’t work…

His spine stiffened and his ears automatically searched the city for rescue calls.
laugh

Clark’s gaze returned to Lois and he realized that she had read his body language. He smiled apologetically. “Nothing.” Darn.
Isn’t he adorrrrable?

“Me, too.” That was the truth. He preferred it when people weren’t hurt, especially Lois by his sudden disappearances.
Maybe they shouldn’t make love on the ceiling, then?

“I’m not going anywhere,” she said softly.

In other words, there was nowhere he could run or fly off to. They were having this conversation before Superman was needed or after.
So…trapped?

Lois patted his knee. “Well, now that I know, we can work together at showing the world how uninterested Superman is in Lois Lane,” she said.
Superman going to date blonde reporters from now on?

“I don’t know if I’m that good of an actor,” Clark admitted.
Lois going to date Hawaii-shirted federal agents from now on?

“Most everyone you know thinks that you’re two people, Clark. Give yourself some credit.”
And most of those people don’t even know there’s a Clark, so good an actor is he.

“You want this,” she said, almost as if reading his thoughts.

“That has never been at issue, minha.”
LOIS: So you’re stupid.
CLARK: That has never been at issue, minha.

It wasn’t that he couldn’t stop himself, especially if she said ‘no’ at any point.
That’s because he’s well trained. But it’s also the only way to stop him.

Clark recalled Trask implying that Superman could have given Lois, had they been intimate back during that first meeting, some kind of alien sexually transmitted disease. Ironic how close to the truth Trask had been.
Well…it would actually have been more akin to the plague, being rooted in Europe’s Middle Ages and all that. Unless he’d give her the 9 month affliction that would bloat her, make her lose her center of gravity, make her sick, and then, cause years of sleepless nights.

She would think that Clark was the biggest slimeball in this and any other universe and that he had only been yanking her chain for kicks. She would think that he didn’t really love her. Worst of all, she would think that he had broken his pact not to lie to her any longer.
Actually, since there’s been no evidence of his entertaining other women in the year they’ve known each other, it would mean that he’s doing this for kicks while not getting any. That would seem very strange and highly unlikely. Slimeballs aren’t usually the sexually abstinent type.

“The cold concrete floor, huge barrels of wine, and racks of bottles kind of gave it away,” he replied
That an the cage. Crazy billionaires always have cages in their wine cellars.

Lois sighed with relief. She clearly had thought Luthor capable of worse actions than Clark had surmised.
LUTHOR: He’s an *alien*! That’s…icky!

“Of course. Would you like some cannoli?” he asked.

She raised her brow.
[Linked Image]

“With crema or cioccolato?” he asked.

Lois merely shook her head in disbelief that he had to ask.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

Also, you've may have noticed, that I'm also trying not to cover -- in depth -- all the episodes of S2 in the attempts to get to the end of Book 2 before next century.
rotflol Umm…also…You are worried about 2200? /packs for generational story/

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.