Still reading. Still enjoying. Very busy and sick (again. wallbash Damn summer colds), so don't have much time for a thorough FDK, but wanted to let you know that I'm still here (with your vignette series, too).

The one thing that caught my eye during this part, besides the excitement of Lois and Clark working together again, and their self-denial of how much they missed each other with that hug, and the fact that Lois FIGURED IT OUT!!!!! (okay, maybe there wasn't just one thing), is that Lois keeps telling herself that if Clark really and truly still loved her he wouldn't have left. /Is there a smilie for strangling Lois until wisdom arrives?/

Oh, come on! YOU were dating Dan Scardino (i.e. rubbing it in Clark's face that you weren't interested in him as more than a friend), Lois! Do you not know how much that would've tortured him? You know how skittish the man is. How many times over the years has he almost hung up his cape and moved away, only to be brought to his senses by you? Clark may not have liked the man, but he knew that Dan wasn't evil (i.e. Lex Luthor) so he was giving you your space. Did you expect him to hang off your skirt until you realized what a great guy he is? Ha! Would you have wanted him if he had? Nah. It was his leaving and the hole his leaving left in your life that made you realize how much you cared. I love how nobody uses his desk (except Jimmy occasionally) and how everyone blames you for his absence!

Okay, I'm starting to argue with your characters as if they are real people. Perhaps I'm sicker than I thought. wink Can't wait to see how Clark's Vienna trip falls through so he can concentrate on Lois...er... the art theft investigation.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.