Originally Posted by AntiKryptonite
Unbelievably good! You're such a great writer, DC, and I always enjoy what you have to offer, and these two companion pieces are some of my absolute favorites! I love how Clark sees Lois, how he recognizes her as a kindred spirit and seemingly sets her up on a pedestal -- except, to him, it's not a pedestal at all, just the even ground and he wants to make himself better to match her (if that made any sense at all! laugh ). I really love the progression shown here, but the second segment was probably my favorite, how he wants to be better for her, how she pushes him to be just that bit improved every day. He could have seen all the things she said to him as put-downs, but instead he saw them as invitations to be better, and I really love that distinction.

Also, I really loved how he saw Lois as the litmus test for humanity, ostensibly for Superman, but also really for everything. He sees humanity in her, and loves her for it (and loves humanity for her), and that was shown very well through this story.

Thank you so much for the beautiful pieces!

Wow! More amazing praise! blush Thank you!

I totally get what you're saying about the not-pedestal. She's just a normal person but he feels like he has to climb from a lower level to be worthy of her. I think it's true of canon Clark that he really doesn't take what Lois says as put-downs, just learning opportunities or opportunities to tease her back and find his way into her friendship. It's why we all love him.

Thank you so much for the lovely feedback!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon