Great… [Linked Image]
Lois couldn’t believe he had wanted them to go horseback riding. Was he insane?
laugh
CLARK: What? I always thought Lois preferred to be on top. Plus, something tells me she’d be a good cowgirl.

, Lois wondered what else she would discover she was wrong about.
Maybe Lex Luthor was actually a kind and gentle soul and it was all Nigel’s doing?

Perhaps Lois was even wrong that she was big news.
jawdrop She admits to being wrong! And to being no news. thud
LOIS: Ribbit?

asking her stupid questions they had to know she would never answer.
Like how Lex is in bed?

You’re only as good as your last story, and her last story had been a bust.
PERRY: So, Ms. … Lane, is it? I see that you have worked in news media before. Television, was it? … Well, well, well… you would like to be the Daily Planet’s star reporter. Yes, I can help with that. Olsen! Olsen!
JIMBO: Yes, Chief?
PERRY: Olsen, this is Ms. Lane, out new hire. Please get her forms processed by H.R. and set her up at the astrology desk. Ever since we had to close Cat’s Corner, the entertainment section was missing some zing. Maybe ‘The Zodiac Lane’ will spiff things up a bit.

She hoped to make up some career cred with her series on the Space Station.
NERD CROWD: No tech details. And no bikini shots of the reporter.
SUBWAY READERS: Yes, the Earth looks blue from space. I’ve seen that in the last Asteroid movie, too.
SHELDON COOPER: Can you believe how this ‘reporter’ mixed up metric and imperial units? Apparently the Space Station goes through more weight shifts than Howard’s mother when she comes off a diet.

Ralph had stolen that thunder by leaking it to LNN before she could report it.
Is he now living in some remote shack in the woods, praying that Lois won’t ever find him? No, wait, he got blown up, didn’t he?

While he might never say so aloud, she knew he hated it when she used colorful language.
The true reason why he doesn’t want to have sex with her?

and returned her thoughts to what might await her at her apartment.
[Linked Image] ?

That was probably why she had fantasized about someone having bombed it.
She could do it herself? She could say she had tried to make a bombe glacée.

No matter how nasty she had been to him over the last year, he had remained steadfastly there for her. He was right. He had proven himself tenfold that his love wouldn’t disappear.
Plus, her feet fit perfectly in the groves on his back.

Still, Lois hated how easily Clark could relax her. She shouldn’t need a man to tell her everything would be all right, any more than she needed a man to protect her.
Well, actually…
LOIS: Oh, shut up!

Moreover, she would tell Clark that, as soon as his kisses stopped turning her legs to Jell-O and her insides to molten lava.
So, never?

It had been a long six months and she needed her feet under her again before moving their relationship into the bedroom.
Maybe if she didn’t try to be on top…?

He crossed his arms across that glorious chest of his and grinned. “You never said ‘octopus’.”
shock jawdrop

How dare he? He had always hated that she made him use a code word before rescuing her. Now, he was using it against her, making it her fault that he hadn’t saved her from months up in space.
The little missus doesn’t like her own medicine?

Lois picked up the duffle bag and hobbled down the hall to her bedroom, throwing it on her bed. Suddenly, she froze.

She was alone in her apartment.
/imagines deer-in-headlight look/

Lois smiled weakly. That was easy for him to say. He hadn’t had someone watching his every move for the last six months.
TABLOID REPORTERS: wave

“But I was with Clark, and it would’ve attracted attention if he carried me everywhere.”
CLARK: Hodor?

He started to take off her left sock. “No, it isn’t. Believe you me, minha, if I knew a way to share my powers with you, I would.”
[Linked Image]

She nudged his shoulder. “You’re saying that because you’d sleep better at night knowing that bullets could bounce off my chest.”
[Linked Image]

He stood up and took a couple of steps backwards. “Get undressed.”
jawdrop

Had he just said what she thought he had said? Had Superman just told her to strip?
[Linked Image]

Lois crossed her arms. “I’m going to get you to apologize.”

“I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you. I can hold mine longer,”
Maybe if she told him that he’d have to apologize before she’d be willing to engage in carnal activities with him?

“Why did you laugh when I mentioned bullets bouncing off my chest?” she asked.

Clark swallowed.

That was right, Clarkie boy. Two could play that game.
She’s naughty!

He paused, leaning against the doorframe and smiling seductively. “Thinking about your chest never makes it easier for me to sleep, Lois. Good night,” he said, shutting the door.
And he’s naughty, too!

She would get him to apologize for not picking her up from the Space Station, if she had to withhold kisses from him to get it. She was right and she was going to make him admit it.
The game is on, then!

This is one of favorite parts I've written lately. I hope you enjoyed it.
[Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.