Hi Vic!
*Squeeeequel!*
I can't help but stare … confused.

Lois is in my window seat. Her legs bent, her arms curled around them. And her head is resting on her knees.

She's asleep.
Yes, I can understand his confusion.

Why is she there? How long has she been there? I left her in the living room, on the couch. I remember getting her a blanket.
Sleep-walking? B&E while sleeping?

Eventually, I went to make another coffee, in the kitchen, and when I came back I found her asleep.
Huh, what a conincidink.

I covered her, took a last lingering glance, and then put myself to bed.
Should have carried her over into his bed…

It's barely dawn, but I react to the changing sun very easily.
Yeah, I guess sleeping and eating breakfast at the same time might be kind of difficult.

Although, it seems I slept on top of the covers so there's no need to worry about untangling my legs.
Good thing he’s no longer…up…when he woke up. That might have been…embarrassening.

She looks so vulnerable, so precious.
[Linked Image]

but like this … she's my best friend. My Lois.
Awww…

My Lois.

That will never happen, no matter how much I want it.
Maybe if he tried use the One Ring?

She's made it abundantly clear that I'm only good for two things: work and friendship.
Maybe he should have Cat tell her that he’s also good for a third kind of thing?

and possibly a healthy meal every now and again … and …
clap

Okay, so I do have a large role in her life. A large, important role. But it's not the one I really want.
Maybe he should talk to his agent?

I always promised myself that, if it seemed we were heading in the … romantic … direction, then I'd tell her about Superman.
Unless she’s already also dating Superman? Or Call-Me-Daniel? Or Lex?

If she wakes then … then she'll know a few hours earlier, that's all.
Plus, she might think she’s still dreaming?

As I cover her I feel a sudden change in the air. Looking up I see deep, brown eyes looking back at me. They are so dark. Almost black.
Oh boy.

That usually means I was … floating. All my buried fears rush out. Even though I've made the decision to tell her … the fear is still there.
Lunkhead! If she wanted to sell him to the government, he’d have woken up in an isolation chamber with green lighting.

And possibly run through follow up apology speeches too. Instead …
laugh

I think the soft light coming through the window mustn't be quite as bright for her as it is for me.
laugh Although one wonders with Metropolis.

Lois, in my bed.

And I can't help but stare.
wallbash
LOIS: I finally have a gay best friend! hyper

Say, is it just my wishful imagination or did you at one point happen to mention sequels 3 and 4?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.