Yes. Thank you, and please thank your muse for responding so quickly. Much appreciated.

Lois is in my window seat. Her legs bent, her arms curled around them. And her head is resting on her knees.

She's asleep.
Awww. clap Love this!

I remember hunching down in front of her and gently calling her name while extracting the papers. But she was gone.
LOIS: Ha-Ha! Fooled ya!

It was incredibly difficult to make myself go for a blanket, rather than just kneel there and gaze at her.
If this had happened, we've had gotten a completely (and possible Nfic) story.

LOIS: What do you think I am? Easy?
CLARK: That's just what I was thinking.
LOIS: You think I'm easy? [Linked Image]
CLARK: /holding hands up in self defense/ No! No! I was thinking that she thought I was easy.
/I could go on, but I'm getting distracted from my FDK/

Although, it seems I slept on top of the covers so there's no need to worry about untangling my legs.
Um... Clark? Do you *often* sleep above the covers?

That will never happen, no matter how much I want it. She's made it abundantly clear that I'm only good for two things: work and friendship. And maybe a shoulder to cry on … and possibly a healthy meal every now and again … and …

Okay, so I do have a large role in her life. A large, important role. But it's not the one I really want.
lol and mecry /Rooting for a happy non-angsty ending./

So … I guess I need to tell her, then. Because I know, now, that there's never going to be any romance, so I need to let go of that dream. All there is left is friendship … and trust. So I need to trust her. It's time. When morning comes, fully, I'll tell her.
Well, I wouldn't say 'never'... and hyper yea! He's planning on telling her. I love this. I love her finding it out on her own, AND him wanting to tell her before he knows that she knows. My favorite kind of reveal.

As I cover her I feel a sudden change in the air. Looking up I see deep, brown eyes looking back at me. They are so dark. Almost black.

My heart stills. She blinks.
Clark has heart attack.

My eyes widen, and I gulp, as I realise that I'm not wearing my glasses.
umm.... Ooops? clap So great that he relaxes so much after deciding to tell her that he forgets to put on his disguise. Sloppy, but terrific!

Even though I've made the decision to tell her … the fear is still there.
So Clark. Spot on!

I find myself unable to talk. I wanted this. I want this. I've only just decided to tell her. But I was hoping that I'd have a few hours to compose the perfect revelation speech. And possibly run through follow up apology speeches too. Instead …
I'm so glad you didn't give it to him. Too much of his life is rehearsed.

It's as if she's a blind woman, trying to figure out what I look like. Maybe that is what she is doing, in some metaphorical sense.
Or maybe she's a blind woman seeing him for the first time.

She is smiling back at me. Her eyes are glistening, shining brightly. She must have noticed that I hadn't made any move to go back to bed … the couch ... myself. "Unless it's already morning?" she asks.

"No, not yet. You sleep some more, Lois. It's barely dawn." She smiles again then closes her eyes.

I stand and move to head for the kitchen, thinking to make myself a coffee and get a head start on the day. At the open doorway I see the rumpled blanket, tossed onto the floor by the couch, and I wonder what made her get up in the first place.
My first thought is 'man, is she trusting of this man who has a tendency to bolt when someone learns too much about him. How does she know that he'll still be there in the morning?' It must be all right if she trusts him enough to go back to sleep. That's saying a lot right there.

Turning back I see the dawn light illuminating the room, it's rays falling on the beautiful woman in my bed.

Lois, in my bed.

And I can't help but stare.
Awwww. Loved it! Give your muse a kiss. I really enjoyed it. smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.