First of all, I hope your daughter is okay. I'm assuming since you took the time to post that she is. hyper that I'm not the only one who carries around a notebook and pen should inspiration strike when I'm bored.

What a great introspective piece. I can just picture this happening. The conflict. The indecision. Spot on. Plus, the curiosity. Now that she knows, she cannot stop watching him even when she makes the decision to do so, because maybe he'll do something new.

Does he know how I feel?
CLARK: dizzy Um... that I'm a lunkhead?

Does he know how much he means to me? How much I depend on him … rely on him?
CLARK: Me or Superman?

Does he know that he's the reason I arrive at work early and then look up every time the elevator dings?
CLARK: shock She does?

Does he know that I purposefully let tonight's evening working session linger a bit too long? Does he know that I only pretended to be asleep on the couch?
CLARK: wallbash She's on to me?

Disappointment that I wasn't following him into the bedroom.
Wouldn't that given her faux sleeping act away?

CLARK: Lois! You sleepwalk?

How can I, selfishly, hope he will wake and see me here … stride over and take me in his arms, bringing me comfort all night?
Awwww.

He doesn't have all night to hold me. He could be needed at any time. The world might call him away.

Away from his bed.

Away from me.
mecry

I untangled my arms and legs and turn to climb out of his cushioned window seat. I'm ready to go back to the living room, to pretend the last half-hour never happened … at least until morning.

But he's drifting down. Slowly, back down to the bed. And I'm once again stunned.
Uh-oh. He woke up. shock Now what?

I should wake him. I will.

Soon.
Oh. He's still asleep. What if he wakes up before soon hits?

Very enjoyable.

I, too, would like to know what happens when "soon" happens or if Clark wakes before it. smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.