To put it more accurately, he fumbled his keys because he had heard her heartbeat.
Awwww

Clark hadn’t taken offense. Clearly, she hadn’t wanted to make a scene in front of the guys, which her coming up to him and kissing him or hugging him would have been.
JIMMIES: Better than the x-rated cinema one street over.

“Perry’s invited us all over to his house for dinner,” she announced before he and Jimmy had made it down the steps. “I’ve brought my Cherokee, so we can go together as a group.”
Translation: Clark, my car is big enough to ferry around a whole bunch of rugrats. Let’s get the process started.

“Oh,” Clark said. He felt guilty at being relieved that it wouldn’t just be the two of them. The physical gestures required between a new couple eating dinner at their boss’s house for the first time, surrounded by their co-workers, would be much subtler than if they had eaten alone at Lois’s or in a restaurant.
laugh ‘required’?
LOIS: He doesn’t love me mecry

Denny glanced up for a second before his gaze returned to his TV program. Apparently, the television belonged to Jimmy, not his cousin.
rotflol

If Jimmy were staying at her place, Lois certainly wouldn’t invite Clark to stay the night.
It’s not even my fault, this time! Only, what’s Jenny going to say that her beau is shacking up with a Mrs. Robinson?

“A showgirl?” Jack asked hopefully.

“A hooker?” Jimbo said, equally full of hope.

“Take that back!” Jimmy warned, moving towards his cousin.
Oh boy.

“Oh!” Jimbo gasped, staggering out of Jimmy’s reach. “You mean a real someone?”

“Of course, a real person,” Jimmy snapped. “She’s not some blowup doll.”
Well…considering…
JIMMY: You bring home *one* blow-up doll and you’re marked for life.

Perhaps he only thought she appeared sexier because she now didn’t look like the woman on Luthor’s sex tape.
No, actually it’s because she now looks like the Lois he has the hots for.

Kiss him as he had last kissed her, as if finally they could soon be together and tonight was ‘soon’.
Well…he did once almost throw up into her mouth, so…

except maybe some floating on his part.
Like supper floating back up?

He wanted to forget it and wipe it from his memory forever.
Maybe if he kissed Zara?

Perry suggested that it would be better for Lois Lane’s reputation as a reporter, if immediately after her faux wedding to Lex Luthor that she wasn’t seen romantically linked to another man.”
So they wouldn’t have *another* reason to call her a whore?

“The real you is a redhead?” he asked, skipping to the side to miss her fist encountering his bicep.
He got a thing for redheads?
GIBBS: wave

She grabbed his finger. “If I recall the incident correctly, I was trying hard not to cheat on the other you with you,” she reminded him,
So, she is an…umm…what’s the word for a woman who is entertaining multiple romantic partners at the same time?
CAT: Empowered?

“Oh, no,” Clark said. “That guy’s still here. He’s the smart one.”

She pursed her lips.
No agreeing, huh?

Then a thought seemed to strike her because her lips curved up into a smile and she licked those lips in anticipation.
CLARK: help

“How about when you’re naked?” she asked.

Clark tripped on the uneven sidewalk.
clap

and that she would be spending a week on the space station.

There was no reason to panic, he reminded himself.
And what when she gets back and is all hot and bothered?

He spun into his laundered Suit in their living room to which he earned the jesting comment from Phil, “Really, Kent, must you do that in front of my wife?”
laugh

As he returned to Metropolis, he tuned into the local time and saw that he had left Lois only ten minutes earlier.
Enough time for her to get lonapped, pulled down into the sewers, and taken on a route to the nearest submarine?

She couldn’t believe that she had told Clark that she wanted to kiss him while he was naked.

What could she have been thinking?
That it was nine o’clock?

What could she have been thinking?

She had openly flirted with her… her… romantic partner.
jawdrop

She wasn’t even sure what Jimmy liked to eat.
Something with at least 30% sugar?
LOIS: Let’s see…I’ve got the whole-wheat super-health muesli and the freshly pressed orange syrup. What’s next…

“Pick these yourself?” she asked wryly.

“Sure did,” Clark said. “From that flower stand in Centennial Park.”
Isn’t he sweet?

“Can I quote you on that?” she teased. “My handy, dandy, big blue Boy Scout.”
Isn’t she adorable?
LOIS: I like to think so.

Needless to say, she had wanted more than a picnic, and he had accidentally chosen clouds with rain in them for the journey back to Metropolis.
Accidentally on purpose?

“We were both soaked by the time I dropped her off on her balcony. She asked me in to dry off while she got comfortable.
She decided to forgive him and put on a silk kimono?

Lois laughed. “That’s good, because I hear he doesn’t do that kind of charity anymore.”

His eyes widened with alarm at that thought.
Staking her claim?

“I wouldn’t be surprised if someone paid her to try and seduce Superman.”
Wouldn’t that make her a hooker?
IT-Girl: High-priced callgirl, if you please.

It was a date. She was sure that Clark would have forgiven her by then for what she had set up to keep him safe.
/scratches head/

Until then, she was doing all she could to put Humpty Dumpty back together again, but sometimes she was going to have to force the fit.
laugh Maybe even cut off a tab?

She could tell Clark wasn’t ready for intimacy. Why did her mouth always work before her brain could stop it?
[Linked Image]

“I know that he had made up a mask in my image and that he… he…”
Maybe he put the mask on several women whom he then shot in front of Superman?

She heard him drawn in a breath
There's an 'n' too much in there.

She smiled weakly at him. “Not for that.” She bit her bottom lip before blurting out, “I promised EPRAD that I would ask Superman to check the shuttle for bombs before liftoff tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow?!”
She in a hurry? Also, probably wise, to make sure. But considering the ‘keep him safe’ thing, is she going to green-k him and put him on the shuttle with her?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.