Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Originally Posted by Christina
He left a (modern) penny in his pocket as a "get out of jail free card" and accidentally triggered him returning to the (then) modern era.
I rewatched the movie after Shayne started posting this story. The modern penny was left in his vest pocket by accident.

The time-travel used in the movie was more a form of self-hypnosis. Shayne's time tunnel theory is much more believable. Anyway, there would be no way for Lois to show Clark her iPhone if any modern item sent her spiraling forward in time.

Originally Posted by Shallowford
I was thinking that if Lois was pulled back to her time like time was a stretched rubber band....Maybe Clark's ship would have originally landed in the 1980's except for a little detour to the 1880's, so when he went into the tunnel he would have come out in 1980.
clap I love this theory. Brilliant! notworthy

My initial reaction to her pulling out the phone did make me sigh in relief at Shayne's time travel mechanism.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)