I guess I am lucky or un-lucky depending on your perspective but I have never seen the movie so I had no preconceived notions of how it was suppose to unfold or unwind so to speak.

My only problem with this part was the jumping around with no clues as to what was really happening vs what was memory. The retching scene did announce the completion of the time jump so that was pretty clear but Pulitzer party and the 'old Clark' confused me as to when that occurred or even if it HAD actually occurred at all. I guess I am just not as sharp as Virginia at picking up where/what is happening. I had to read the comments and re-read the story a couple of times to get the entire timeline and I am still not sure about the Pulitzer party part. I had gotten used to your slower more deliberate pace of the first 17 chapters so when this one blasted into super speed plot mode I was just not ready for it. It seemed to me that this part could have easily been expanded into two parts with more meat in each segment but...

All that said I STILL can't believe you were considering just leaving this story as the first part vignette. This one will be on most Kerth lists at the end of the year I am pretty sure.

One final part where I assume the pace will slow down to get Clark's story. I assume he will have been around in the background waiting for Lois to reach the point in time of "knowing him" sort of super stalking her and keeping her out of trouble surreptitiously.

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 09/17/14 12:42 PM.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham