[Linked Image]
LOIS: Are you trying to tell me some- Excuse me sick [Linked Image]
“It’s okay, Lois. You’re doing fine,” Clark muttered feeling absolutely useless. “Just grab my hands and squeeze tight.”
Okay, she’s either up for a Pulitzer or she’s in labor. I think I’ll go with Pulitzer. Will she have a little Pulitzer? /scratches head which author suggested ‘Pulitzer’ for their little one in a story/

“You’re supposed to feel and share in the pain,” she spat out at him.
Good thing they don’t allow Kryptonite near Earth-women carrying a half-kryptonian child?

“Yes, I will. I don’t feel the pain, but I still feel it, Lois. I’m not numb you know. My nerves still register sensation.”
So…that’s why he looked so happy about 2 minutes after they left the reception on their wedding day?

“Bernie won’t mind if you slip into Superman mode you know. In fact it might be a bit comforting to me too.”
She referring to that Clark should deliver their baby on the backseat of a cab in the middle of a freeway after a Die-Hard-style hold-up?

“This is so unfair,” she grimaced. “The woman’s supposed to pass on the pain when she squeezes the man’s han ... aaaaaaaaah!”
Oh. That’s why they do it for? peep

“I know, I know,” Clark agreed. “How about I let you tape some kryptonite to my chest for an hour when you come home?” He let her grip at his hand while he stroked her hair with the other.
rotflol He’d do anything to get out of diaper changes, huh?

“Try thirty hours ... and your chest would be a foot too high.”
shock [Linked Image] Maybe she should have thought of that earlier?

The cool water felt so wonderful against her hot, sweaty skin. Lois closed her eyes and sighed. Just a minute’s rest, just one minute. Then the pain will return. I can’t keep this up any longer. I can’t.
Maybe he should have taken her flying? Maybe a nice little storm front?

Blinking back hormonally induced tears she smiled up at her husband and knew she’d never in a million years hold him to the kryptonite bargain.
Wouldn’t want to ruin the equipment? Or because then she’d have no option for when she finds a blonde hair on the cape of his uniform?

Stupid Kryptonian genes floating around my body counteracting the painkillers, she cursed in her head before taking a deep breath.
So, no Earthen medicine and no Kryptonian invulnerability either? She really knows how to pick ‘em.

Two days later Lois found herself strapped into the jeep making her way home to the brownstone she shared with Clark.
evil So, two more days of labor?
wink

Clark came up behind her and put a hand on her shoulder. “I understand. In fact, I think I agree.” He chuckled.
I’ve heard Lara is a popular name these days.

“Mom, stop fussing,” chided Clark
Clark! She’s waited what is it now, 10 years?

She blinked up at him, mouth open.

“Lanie Lane-Kent!” Lois shouted incredulously.
rotflol No, Lanie Kent peep

“Well, there was Tra-” he never got a chance to finish as his mother swept forwards to intervene, removing the little baby from Clark’s arms.
–cy? As in Cat?

A little wriggle as she yawned made Lois suspect that her new baby had a cheeky and adventurous side.
Good thing there’s no superpowers?
17 years later…
LOIS: Lanie Lane-Kent! You will float right back into that window again, missy.

“Welcome home, Clara Lane-Kent.”
hyper

That was a great fun story, Vic!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.