The New Pact
Aww…now in writing?

I’m going to become Mrs Superman today.
Have you ever seen ‘The American President’ with Michael Douglas and Annette Bening?
PRESIDENT: […] any expectations that you might have, given the fact that I'm... you know...
GIRLFRIEND: The most powerful man in the world?
PRESIDENT: Exactly, thank you. I think it's important you remember that's a political distinction that comes with the office. […]
CLARK: [Linked Image]

But not warm and cosy enough. Something was missing.
Have they been ‘practicing’ before the wedding?

He’d never shared her bed yet
confused So, just the living room floor amidst the bridal magazines?

Lois shivered as Clark’s hand moved lower and then gently cupped her bottom.
hyper [Linked Image]

ois recognised the look on Clark’s face. It was impossible to count the number of time she’d seen it, on both Clark and Superman.
Some rescue victim is about to die by the hands of the future Mrs. Superman?

Over the years it had become more frequent and more intense.

Now there was a hunger part to it; a need, driving both of them to the edge.
Oh, we’re still…there…

“Lois, I want to take you inside
jawdrop He wants to take her inside her apartment. Clark!

And it is only seven weeks away now. It will kill me to do it, but I want to make that night special.”
He sure appears to be a very patient man. I’m wondering if he thinks that he already knows all the kinds of crazy his fiancée can become.

Clark lifted a hand to her cheek. “I don’t think I’d be doing this if we hadn’t finalised the date.”
What if it had been 8 weeks in the future? Or 16 weeks? What if it had been a year?

That didn’t mean she hadn’t experienced moments of sarcasm and bossiness. The news floor had been continuously on alert for an outburst from ‘Mad Dog Lane’.
The calm before the storm, huh?

When the doorbell rang, interrupting her reverie, Lois opened her eyes in shock. “She’s here already. Oh gosh. I’m already behind. I’m going to be late on my wedding day.”
Maybe someone should tell her that those affairs usually don’t start without the bride. Unless one of the bride’s maids picks up the slack.
CINDY: wave

Lois sank down into the couch and sulked. “Hmmm. Well then I guess you’ll have to make do with the story of us making out in the minister’s office,” she grinned as she spoke and sat up quickly.
evil So, maybe she shouldn’t have waited, then she could entertain them with *other* stories?

She crossed her arms in defiance then suddenly uncrossed them in horror. “Oh, no. My nails.”
laugh

“I know you live in Metropolis now, Clark, but there’s just something about this. The change, the commitment. I’m so happy for you.” She smiled and the tears tricked down her cheeks.
Well, now they’re going to come out to Kansas on the weekends to bring the kids, so…

there is no way I would have thought she was doing it of her own free will.”
MIRANDA: wave

“It’s a nice day, no bad weather on the horizon.”
Yeah, flying in a thunderstorm must be really unfortunate. Like riding a bicycle in a rainstorm.

Superman raided known drug dens and smuggler’s warehouses. He stopped bank robberies and street muggings. He rescued every cat stuck up a tree.
Can you imagine when from now on, Lois isn’t…in the mood, crimerates would hit rock bottom?
CROOK: I’m tellin’ you, man, every four weeks, like clockwork, the blue menace descends from the sky…

Arriving at the scene of a highway crash he found Martian Manhunter already dealing with the disaster.
laugh Right. We’ve got other people with…difficult relationship with Earth’s gravity around.

short of all out alien invasion,
[Linked Image]

between now and your return from honeymoon I will be forced to take serious measures.”
laugh Lois made sure her husband would give her his undivided attention?

His mind shuddered at the thought of the serious measures Bruce had mentioned. He was quite capable, with the item stored in the Bat Cave.
evil And if Clark shows up to the wedding night with less-than-functioning equipment, well…Lois would be seriously ticked off.

The paper was his one concession to that, otherwise he was determined to be his true self today. His speech would be confident, moving, passionate ... and utterly from his heart.
RALPH: See? Now that Kent’s getting some, he’s finally become a man.

“At first I never even considered that there was a chance it would happen.” He laughed lightly. “One or both of us was bound to find someone.” He played up the comedy.
RALPH: Now, it all makes sense.

Having to spend all my life deflecting sarcastic comments from Lois. It was not exactly a dream come true.”
LOIS: Keep talking. Keep talking. /turns away as she digs out the phone/ Hello? Bruce? It’s Lois Lane-Kent. Yes, I’d like to get that jewelry we talked about…

Clark stopped and waited for the heel to dig into his calf, but it never came.
laugh

He reached down and took her hand. Holding it between both of his he began to recite a solemn oath.

“I promise to make you breakfast ... sometimes.”
rotflol

“I promise to wake you with coffee ... most days.”
So he doesn’t have to deal with a mad dog?

“I promise to kiss you goodnight ... every night.”
What when he’s out working?

“That is my new Pact, made just for you, Lois.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Comments go here.
Awwww clap

/eyes next title/
[Linked Image] They’re inviting Mayson to join them! peep
Just kiddin!

Which means… [Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.