Awwww. Isn't Clark sweet? I did wonder when reading the chapter title if the new Pact was about kids. peep Glad to see that it wasn't.

Interesting use of flashback to show why they were waiting.
“Lois, I want to take you inside and ...” he glanced down again. “If we hadn’t booked the church just this very afternoon then I would be taking you inside and holding you tight all night. But I want to carry you over the threshold on our wedding night. And it is only seven weeks away now. It will kill me to do it, but I want to make that night special.”
One note. Doesn't this imply that Clark thinks that it wouldn't be special if they caved early? (Is this what he's imagining his honeymoon would be like if they didn't wait? LOIS: Hey, Clark, toss me the remote. I want to see what's happening in the world. CLARK: Um... Lois, honeymoon? LOIS: Eh, been there. Done that. Nothing that can't wait until after I check the news.) I don't think that would be the case. It would (hopefully) still be special since they were now husband and wife. I believe he meant 'extra special'. It's also possible that I'm being nit-picky. [Linked Image]

I love how 7 weeks flitted by, but those 7 hours to the actual wedding took FOREVER.

I began to wonder if Jimmy knew some of Clark's secret, here:
“So was the journey easy?” Jimmy asked Martha and Jonathan nervously.

“Yes Jimmy,” replied Martha

“It’s a nice day, no bad weather on the horizon.”

“No, Jimmy,” said Jonathan.

“So there were no traffic jams in the centre of Metropolis?”
He seemed to be asking a whole lot of questions regarding their trip from the hotel.

So sweet of the JL to take over patrolling Metropolis for Clark so he could focus on Lois.
“It’s time for you to take some time off. If I ... or one of my team ... see you answer any call, short of all out alien invasion, between now and your return from honeymoon I will be forced to take serious measures.”

Clark had heard absolutely no sign of teasing in Bruce’s voice. His mind shuddered at the thought of the serious measures Bruce had mentioned. He was quite capable, with the item stored in the Bat Cave. Clark had immediately left and sped off for the farm to collect his parents.
I doubt Bruce would use Kryptonite on him if he answered one call for help. On the other hand though, I could easily see Bruce handing the Kryptonite to Lois to use on him.

Side note: I wonder if someone at the Daily Planet will note the extra protection around the city and wonder a) what's happening that they need it, b) where Superman had disappeared off to, and c) send off a reporter to find out (not that he/she will, of course).

He was about to lean forward and take her mouth once more when he heard the clinking of a glass indicating that it was time for the speeches.
And here I thought the clinking of glass during a wedding reception was a call for the bride and groom to kiss. Go ahead and kiss her anyway, Clark. Your guests can wait another minute.

“I promise to make you breakfast ... sometimes.”

A laugh rippled around the room, also spilling from Lois’ lips.

“I promise to wake you with coffee ... most days.”

She lifted one eyebrow in surprise.

“I promise to kiss you goodnight ... every night.”

Clark heard a dozen whispered awwww’s.

“I promise to tell you I love you ... every day.”
Awwww! sloppy Isn't Clark the best?

I did notice that he didn't mention outright that he was marrying Lois because he loved her but because he turned 35 and The Pact was initiated. Oh, sure, he implied that it was nice to finally be marrying her, but he didn't clarify that it was because of *her* and because he had fallen in love with her... and not just 'cause he wanted to get married. So, I'm too, a bit surprised Lois didn't kick him.

I love that his new Pact includes disclaimers, such as "sometimes" and "most days". clap Nobody can dance that truthful line quite as well as Clark. (Also, greeting Lois each morning with coffee is usually for his own safety, isn't it?) I watched Operation Blackout the other night, where Lois asked Clark direct questions about her personality and he gave her hemmed and hawed vague answers such as "No... not really." And "I wouldn't say that...exactly." and "You aren't.... usually." Clark's wedding speech reminded me of this.

I agree with Laura, this story was full of nice sweet WAFF. And I'm sorry to see it (almost) finished. I guess you'll have to write more. clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.