Originally Posted by LMA
Awesome--great part! I can-not-wait to see where this is going, KK smile

Lets see....Lois' reaction to Cindy? Well, I love that Clark and Cindy didn't kiss, thanks to the dropped bowl of popcorn and Lois' scream--but really, I think Clark would have gotten away in the nick of time, regardless. But yes, the fact that Lois intervened--that is GREAT! I really like how Clark is tuning into her--noticing her heartbeat and her breathing--and really, how natural it feels for him to do so.
smile Glad your happy with Lois dropping the popcorn. *grin*

Favorite line from Cindy:
“Sorry, Clark. Guess I got my wires crossed. From both of you.” She turned to look at her big cousin just standing in the kitchen area, then she left and shut the door behind her.

Think through this Clark...it implies a lot about the feelings of your best friend wink. Lois' interruption, Lois' glare at Cindy, Lois' breathing/heartbeat, the heated debate in the kitchen, Cindy storming out...stating the confusion. It's all right there in front of you (but the story is still young...it'll be awhile, I suppose, till pieces are put together thumbsup ).
Yeah. Cindy did kind of give some stuff away ... but it was just a little too vague, and also a little confusing because of Lois' fluctuating behaviour.

So glad that Brian is out of the picture dance. A coffee date based on false pretenses. Opera? Traditional woman? Yikes--yeah Lois, if you are honestly going to try to find someone here (and come on, you have Clark right in front of you, he's perfect for you wink ), do it based on what you really like to do and who you really are. Otherwise....there's just no point. I'm glad that Lois didn't lead Brian on as the date was ending, and honestly ended any possibility of the two of them getting together again.
Yeah. I can't see her being afraid to tell Brian the truth, she's a blunt kind of woman. And, thankfully she realised how badly she filled in her own profile!

Jenny. Yeah--I just don't know what's going to happen here. I would not blame Clark for being really (really) mad at Lois for all the meddling. So much awkwardness our poor Clark has been through already in this story--and really, he's handled it all pretty well. Part of me sees him going on the date--since it's planned and so as not to disappoint Jenny--she's done nothing wrong. Part of me sees him meeting up with Jenny, explaining the situation, and just doing a friend thing for the night. I don't at all see him leading Jenny on by getting into a false relationship, it's not his style. And I can't see him actually falling for Jenny, cause that boy is in love with Lois. So again, back to the beginning of my babble--I just don't know what's going to happen dizzy. (But I am dying to find out!!!!! grovel hail clap ).

Loving the story!
Laura
Good thoughts on Clark and how he'll deal with Jenny. You'll see soon enough.

Originally Posted by Morgana
'Little, baby cousin Cindy is man eater!
Well, yep. She's already been married ... a few times ... and she's actually younger than Lois ... but then this is also eight years into the future, though.

Enforce? Don't be silly! Both of you need to sit down and calmly discuss this like a couple of rational thirtysomethings!
BWAHAAHAA!!! Rational? Discuss?

Sounds like a blind date I had once. But he turned out to be a pleasant conversationalist. We had a coffee, talked about a lot of interesting subjects and then went our separate ways never to meet again. smile No harm done.

Instead of brushing Brian off like an annoying flea, Lois should have spent a little time with him rather than inhaling her drink and running away. After all, he took time out to see her as well.

Grow up Lois!!! grovel
Maybe she was too quick to judge! Should I have let her make another date with him? *waits expectantly*

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Ouch. I'm glad Lois is finally telling the truth, but poor Clark! There's no way he'll figure out the real reason she is playing Yente. And since they're at work, there's far less chance of an honest conversation ensuing, especially since Clark's shout undoubtedly drew all eyes in the bullpen to him.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., To answer your questions: Yes, yes, and go out on the date with Jenny in an angry reaction to Lois's seeming rejection of him?
Absolutely right. There's no honest conversation coming ... yet. And Clark is about to meet Jenny!

Originally Posted by Mike M
Originally Posted by DebbieG
Give in to the Clark side, Lois. It is your… destiny.

Oh, she will just not for another 10 chapters or so...

Mike
Absolutely correct. Well. There's degrees of 'giving in', as you'll see ... but the 'final' giving in is quite a while off!

Originally Posted by groobie
I just caught up with the story and am enjoying it so far. Looking forward to the next part...I bet that date is going to be a disaster! help
Really? You think Clark would ever let a woman have a disaster of a date?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."