Hi, AntiK! Good to see you!

Thanks for the kind words about this fic.

It's true that without Superman, they'd probably have to live in protective custody with all the trouble they get into and enemies they make. I'm glad that you like how Clark tried to defuse the situation and that Lois knew it (and likely appreciated it, even if she didn't realize that she did).

To be honest, when I went into this one, I wasn't sure what secrets I was going to have them share either. It just seemed like kind of a natural progression, but I really did want Lois to reveal that she told Lex "no" at the wedding. The reveal about the cage was just the next logical step in that secret sharing. It was kind of fun making Clark squirm - to have him come up with a valid reason why he wasn't there with Perry and Henderson, without lying to her.

I always wondered about why Lois never questioned how adamantly Clark professed his suspicions of Luthor. She knows he always sees the best in people unless and until they prove otherwise. But she never stopped to think about Clark's hatred of Luthor. I guess she chalked it up to jealousy.

Glad you enjoyed the story! I loved writing in that little part about him feeling like the normal one in their relationship too!

Again, great to see you around here!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon