Hi Vic!
So great to see that you’re back and well…recuperating? I hope the FDK helps smile1
“Cindy. Nice of you to call,” Lois replied, sarcasm evident in her tone.
The cousin from Lois’s clone wedding, isn’t she?

Her free hand felt behind her blouse and pulled out the heart necklace.
hyper

showing her the fun that could be had climbing the gigantic tree in the back yard.
So long as no one falls off?

Cindy is a really nice girl …
Oh boy.

It’s just that ... well ... we’re cousins and we have this rivalry thing since teenage years. And we're attempting to get past that ...
So setting her up with her denied-fiancé sounds like a good way to get past their rivalry?
LOIS: razz The…that…*slut* is stealing my man! mad
CINDY: confused

Nope, that’s what you’re trying to avoid. Cousin-in-law is close enough.
Because those never have torrid affairs.

That had been at the wedding for one of her few short-lived marriages.
So…Lois took him as her date? laugh

Cindy cut him off when she grabbed his arm and dragged him in. “Oh, Clark. You are such a pushover. I was only teasing.”
Lane women…

what Clark suspected, was his missing university sweater.
laugh

She was dressed so casually, but he had never seen her looking so beautiful.

“Clark. Fashionably late as usual.” Lois’ quip brought him back down to earth.
laugh

He glanced over to Lois hoping for help but she was spreading out the Trivial Pursuit board on the coffee table.
So, Lois thinks it’s a good idea to play TP with Mr. Trivial while she’s in Pursuit?

Her mouth was only inches from his ear. She stretched out her arm and passed the wine glass over to Clark then stood and walked round the couch to join her cousin.
So, she knows they’re being set up?

Maybe it’s the wine. How many has he had? Enough to be ‘mellow’ or maybe enough to be ‘reckless’.
Like he’s ever been drunk.

Not that I’ve ever seen him ‘reckless’, she realised and frowned.
See?

She was doing her best to act ‘seductively’ but Clark was fully focussed on the game, and on trying to win, and on watching out for any ‘cheating’.
laugh
CLARK: What do you mean, she was trying to get me into bed?

Clark couldn’t stand any cheating.
LANA: wave

Hmm, I could possibly get away with a couple more minutes.
She not learned anything from their last setup, has she?

It doesn’t take that long to get a drink.
Unless she’s her mother and taking a moment to sneak a second drink.

“Uh, Cindy. I’m just going to pop to the bathroom.” He rushed off and, the moment the catch shut on the bathroom door, he sped out of the bathroom window.
Oh boy.
CINDY: So…Lois…*what* did you cook for him? mad

“Lois, you’ve met Superman haven’t you.”
No…she’s…no *way*!

Lois blinked a little. This was what she was hoping for, so why did she feel like there was a fire-pit in her stomach.
evil

“How come you’ve never seen it?” Cindy seemed shocked at the thought.
Galactically Stupid – adjective, modified. See Lois Lane.

Lois gulped. “Who’s ... who’s to say I haven’t. But Kent and I, we’re best friends, and colleagues. And that’s how it should stay.”
So…friends with benefits, huh?

“I think, uh, that Lois is going to win. She always does.” He turned and gave Lois a ‘help me’ look. She grinned at him and shook her head.
Afraid the little cousin is going to crawl all over him?

This isn’t as easy as I thought. Finding Kent a date, finding him a partner, a relationship, is going to be more challenging than I expected. Well, nobody would ever say that Lois Lane is one to back down from a challenge.
[Linked Image]

Cindy was leaning all the way over the coffee table advancing on Clark and he was backing away.
Oh dear. Cindy is in full-on Cat mode.

She grabbed hold of the Trivial Pursuit board and then flung it away.
shock She…she…she snapped!

Bringing her hands up to his chest she murmured something.
help

Lois saw Cindy begin to rise up on her tiptoes and her mouth dropped open when she realised that her baby cousin was about to kiss her best friend.
Hey! [Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.