Originally Posted by KatherineKent
Originally Posted by Mike M
My only problem with this whole premise is that Clark (in the series and other fan fiction) thinks Lois is going to blow a gasket because he lied to her for only a year or two before revealing that he was Superman. It will now be over 10 years of lying about that little piece of information that Lois of course could care less about... dizzy

Who needs Nightfall? The Lois explosion alone could end life as we know it all by itself. rotflol

Mike

It won't be quite ten years. Just over eight actually.

But...

In LnC there was a romantic tension which had been building that whole two years. Clark allowed himself into a romantic relationship with Lois ... as both himself and as Superman. The Superman/Lois relationship was especially close in comparison to many other versions. Lois could even be said to be pretty confident that Superman would eventually cave into his feelings for her.

I think this is the reason that Lois felt so betrayed in LnC. Clark dated her as Clark, and as Superman.

In this story, even though it's been eight years, there has been no romance - just close friendship, and Clark has NOT got particularly close to Lois as Superman. Yes they know each other, yes she went through a 'Superman crush' when he first appeared, but Lois will not feel that Clark has been misrepresenting himself, or 'playing with her heart' when it finally comes out.

Hope that helps.

KK,

I did not catch that in the Prologue part (I guess I needed to read the background...).

I had written an analysis of the plot from the perspective of their relationship because they do have one but deleted it as it is really irrelevant because it is your plot afterall. However I still believe she would be majorly angry at the subterfuge by Clark. On the other hand if Clark can last eight years of hanging around Lois and not allowing himself to get emotionally involved then Lois could just as easily let the secret keeping issue go also...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham