Originally Posted by Morgana
I don't doubt that Zara will be very important in Lois and Clark's life, but she still needs to stay out of Metropolis for the foreseeable future. Remember when Superman said his farewell speech, Ching and Zara were there. It would be simple matter for someone to look over the film footage and put two and two together.

The LAST thing the Kent family as a whole need is more media attention. It would be better if she remained out of state for awhile and be introduced maybe years from now as a Kent relative. Being with Martha and Jonathan is one possibility. Somehow, I can't imagine her and the baby staying with Ellen! She certainly cannot go back to the Daily Planet as Sara.

In any case this is merely conjecture, DC can be very creative! notworthy

Urgh! Why does she have to leave us hanging like this?

I think the split was basically for dramatic effect. I don't think Clark is in any imminent danger its just she had 10 parts and that was the natural break for this one. That and her normal desire to elevate the suspense a bit at the end of each part.

I really want to see how she wraps all this up since as we mentioned there are a large number of possibilities but after this chapter the number of possibilities just exploded (pun definitely intended).

Zara going to Smallville is a possibility but since it is such a small community she will certainly stick out and as you mentioned her presence at Superman's Farewell address which was probably seen in Smallville also could be an issue. She could certainly blend into the large population in Metropolis more easily but her association with Lois and Clark would draw more attention to her than might be comfortable. I have confidence that DC will come up with something beside making her and her baby hermits in the mountains of Montana or the like.

Part of the reason I like the Metropolis solution better is that I really loved the connection between Lois and Zara. It does make sense since one just gave birth and lost her husband and the other is about to give birth and thought she was losing her husband not even mentioning the whole arranged marriage thing that neither one of them wanted any part of. There is a major emotional link between the two and now that Clark has Ching's heart there will be an even greater one between Zara and Clark. Besides you know Clark would LOVE having a baby girl and a baby boy around. Of course Martha might make a Smallville push to set it up so Lois and Clark would visit more often with their baby.

It will be interesting and as I said in an earlier post plenty of material for another story if/when DC gets the urge...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham