Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
The letter was great - touching without being sappy.

Sooner or later, I think they need to issue a statement from Superman saying that he's sick, then there needs to be an announcement once he dies (assuming that Clark dies). Announce Superman's demise sufficiently after Clark's to help keep them separate. But even though there will be fallout, people need to know what happened to him. He shouldn't leave everyone to wonder whether they've been abandoned, or whether some villan has offed him, and he shouldn't leave them to hope that he will come back. Maybe Superman could write a good-bye letter to be published after his death.

I am unsure whether Clark will die or not. It seems to be the obvious but DC's Evil Persona would probably throw a tantrum if the story ended in that obvious of a fashion. One of the hallmarks of an evil writer is torturing their readers and then surprising them in the end. Only time will tell of course (about a week and a half by my calculation).

I liked the letter also. I mentioned the idea of a video because it would seem to me that if Clark dies that his son would like to see him as Clark, there will be a lot of video of him as Superman but probably very little if any of him as Clark, just the get to know the person that really was his father a bit better (mannerisms, speaking voice, etc). I would have also liked to see what he wrote Lois since the basis (IMO) of L&C is the love between those two. Who knows we may not have seen the last of these letters anyway.

All that said I still remain unconvinced that Clark will die in this story. Maybe we should have a pool. Heck, just to be evil I am not sure DC will 'kill' anyone this just might be one huge bait and switch. If she does I have an idea that I have mentioned before but I will just have to wait and see with the rest as DC is the only one who really knows.

I always feel the mark of a great story is that it can generate this much FDK and much of it analyzing the overall story line.

Anyway it should be one interesting ride.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham