IolantheAlias: Thanks for popping in. smile1

Hilarious fic!
I'm glad you enjoyed it.

(Well, some parts were dark. But they ended up not officially happening after all.) smile
You know me. I'm a big fan of the bait and switch. Wait. I didn't say that. [Linked Image]

mrsMxyzptlk: hyper I was hoping you'd drop by.

Wow, that was not where I thought that story was headed.
[Linked Image] Um.... Thanks? smile

At the end, it reminded me of the Futurama episode Obsoletely Fabulous. In that episode, Bender the robot needs an upgrade to make him compatible with the newest line of robots because he hates them. His moments-long "upgrade" induces a hallucination that seems to take days. During the hallucination, he goes through experiences that show him how useful the new robots are, and by the end he thinks they're great. Complete perspective change, nicely packaged into a few seconds.
I haven't seen that one. It sounds good.

I love how Lois dissuades Clark from crossing the street to see what's going on. Hmmm.... check out some nonsense going on in the park, or run off and get married/honeymoon? Not a tough choice. wink
It would have been more angst-filled, though, if it didn't work though.

(Though if I were Clark, I'd be tempted to punch H.G. in the nose and kick him out in order to proceed with the evening's festivities. But I'm not a fan of the curse storyline. Grr.)
I love to use it for comedic purposes, such as here. You all know I love dipping my tone in the curse pool and swirling it around. It's such a good way to torture our favorite duo. evil

I mean... [Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Mike M
Totally agree. In the series so many of the story lines were designed merely to keep L&C from getting together and the curse plot line was just another manipulation to stall the actual consummation of the relationship through another episode. Not a fan of that.
When I first saw it, I hated the plot device out of sheer annoyance. But I loved the time-travel aspect. Again, if you have drive your characters insane, it's a great way to go. [Linked Image] Perhaps, Mike, you'd enjoy my amuse busche story The Truth About Soul Mates.

Thank you all for your comments! jump

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.