Mike

I understand why she would want it to be Clark but not why would she be suspecting it to be. She had been quite specific about him never contacting her again and in previous parts he took her quite literally (the I don't date statement)

'Suspecting' is different to 'expecting'. The phone rang, Lois's thoughts jumped to Clark (because they'd been stuck there for days!)

Kathy This wasn't the night Clark had promised to call - it was two nights later. Lois had deliberately been out at the time Clark had promised to call, so she didn't know whether he'd tried or not. No cell phones, then, which was very convenient for my story!

Debbie The real reason Clark didn't give a demonstration is that I didn't think of it. But in hindsight, I think he would have been wary of anyone else witnessing something they shouldn't, so he would have had to convince Lois to go somewhere private with him. That could have gotten messy.

Virginia

I think maybe Clark might have thought that proof would have spooked her even more. And with her being a reporter, did he really want to present her with proof? As much as Clark wanted to be with Lois, he also had to try to salvage a life sans Lois.

Lady L It's nice to have a reader enjoy some angst. smile

MM As I've said, giving proof to one of the top reporters in the country is not conducive to him being able to continue his life. And having his alienness splashed across the front page of the DP wasn't going to good for his parents, either.

Ken Very close, Ken.

Christina I don't really see Jane as a person to be giving anyone a 'chewing out', which could be good for Shane, because he probably deserves one!

And later ... interesting idea. That's another tangent completely.

Kate Clark felt cornered. It's not easy to prepare anything when MDL is snapping at your heels!

Seme Glad you're enjoying it. Sorry for the delay!

chelo I think it was tough on both of them. evil

Laura

I really enjoyed how you wrote the confrontation about the secret btw them in the car...Lois' first question about asking if he was "married", followed by "wanted by the police", and then followed by "You had an affair with Jane?". Clark's "No!" (about being with Jane) was great clap. The whole scene was written really wonderfully dance

Usually, the scenes when something dramatic is happening are easiest to write. This scene was very clear in my head a long time before I got to it. It's the fiddly/in-the-middle scenes that take so long to get right.

Iolanthe In a fandom strewn with great revelations, it's nice to pull an unexpected one occasionally.

Artemis It didn't even occur to me that Clark might out himself as SM. Interesting idea.

Amy So glad you're enjoying the story, Amy.

Kismatt Nice guess - almost right.

Thanks to everyone for reading and taking the time to leave FDK.

Corrina.