Yea, another part!!!

Well that was a different reaction than most would have thought. This throws a completely different spin on things.

Originally Posted by Female Hawk
It was time to get out. Out of Clark's car. Out of his life. Out of Des Moines. "Take me to the hotel."

Clark started the engine. They drove to the hotel in frigid silence. Lois used her fuming anger to quell the tears that pushed up her throat. She would not cry. She would not let him know how close she'd come to allowing him into her heart.

He pulled up outside the hotel. As soon as they stopped, Lois opened the car door to prevent him from doing it for her.

"Lois?"

She sprung out of his car. "What?"

"Are you going to print this?"

She turned on him, propelled by a volatile medley of anger and disappointment and shock. "Do you really think I would trash my reputation with a fairy tale?"

"Thank you."

His civility aggravated the rawness of her emotions. "Don't contact me," she hissed. "Don't call me. Ever." She slammed the door and ran into the hotel.

Before she reached her room, hot tears were streaming down her cheeks like lava spewed from an angry volcano.

You are quite clear right here Lois...

And her gut was adamant that Clark Kent did not lie.

He believed he'd been born on another planet.

And that … it just wasn't poss-

The coffee!

Perhaps he had an other-world recipe. It had been the best coffee she'd ever tasted. Since returning to Metropolis, she had only drunk coffee to provide the much-needed boost from the caffeine hit. It had tasted rancid in her mouth and bitter with memories in her mind.

She craved more of Clark's coffee.

More of Clark.

Maybe she should quit being so rash.

The phone shrilled, and Lois's heart clunked somewhere low in her stomach.

Could it be him? He hadn't called. Or if he had, she hadn't been home, deliberately so. But now … She gulped. Should she answer it? She didn't want to talk to him. She couldn't talk to him. She wouldn't have an answer if he simply enquired how she was.

Unable to stay away, Lois rose slowly and walked to the phone. Her hand hovered through several rings. Then she snatched at it, put it to her ear, and squeaked, "Hello?"

I understand why she would want it to be Clark but not why would she be suspecting it to be. She had been quite specific about him never contacting her again and in previous parts he took her quite literally (the I don't date statement)

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 05/01/14 09:38 PM.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham