“Come on, Pete,” John said, nudging his brother’s shoulder with a nod back towards Clark. “Let’s go get ready for tonight.”

Later that night, Superman saved two young men from being blown away from one angry man’s rifle.
[Linked Image] I wonder if that might have any possible connection to the previous part huh

wink

The Blacks were just the latest in a line of thugs who had threatened his family and vandalized the Kwoks’ store over the past year, including a fire that had sent Sung-ho to the hospital.
So, to summarize, the Boss is not a very nice person?

A sweeping scan into the back rooms of the store and down into the basement showed Superman that the Kwons had a nice side business in issuing false identity papers to those who needed them.
laugh I did expect a cock fighting ring, though. Or some slave labor, instead.

If the Kwons helped mostly refugees, Superman would see how his foundation could help the refugees instead to get proper identification and asylum.
By buying them out from the sweatshops and brothels the Boss has set them up in?

“Yeah, but my behind is under eighteen. You’re legal, so you’re going to the big house,” Pete reminded him snidely.
They could have tried the younger brother as an adult?

“Tell our contact that I got captured on purpose. While I’m inside, I’ll get rid of the Boss’s loose end awaiting trial.”
Now, look at that…He’s ready to move into the big leagues.

It also would mean the man trying to extort money from the Kwons was Lex Luthor.
Noooo! jawdrop What? Nooooo! shock What? thud

Why would Lex Luthor shake down low-level criminals around Metropolis?
Pecunia non olet

Another stray thought came forward with the mention of this elusive Boss character.
Maybe Nigel is The Boss and Lex works for him?

Again, the confession of the dead thug was hearsay, but there was a clear pattern of The Boss having a mean vindictive side to him and that fit in with what Clark knew about Luthor.
Hmm…funny how it fits Lois, too.

“Yes, sir,” the man said, more politely than Henderson would have expected from a career criminal.
White collar criminal who buffed up in the joint?

Bill quickly scanned the file in front of him again. “Is it because you purposely hurt a pregnant woman?
[Linked Image]

“I didn’t know she was pregnant when I shoved her, Officer, really,” Crusher said, his brow becoming visibly damp.
So, he just thought she was a little heavy around the middle? Also, is it wise to insult the nice mister police inspector?

Mya Kashnush
Oh, her. She’s the niece of that nice man servant of Lex’s, isn’t she?

“I knows that.”
Apparently, the creep doesn’t knows English, though.

That you’re fair, treat us and those white-collar guys all the same, and not like punks.
So, word got around that Bill’s treating those Wallstreet Punks the same as the other criminals after they trixed him out of his pension fund?

Some of those beat cops treat us no better than animals.”
Well…some of them behave worse than animals when in female company.

“I don’t disrespect mothers or children. Check my rap sheet, if you don’t believe me.”
So, he’s one of the last honest made men out there? No, wait, he’s not from Sicily.

I worked for the man. Well, hired by the man of the man,” Crusher explained.
Government job.

Rumors are starting to spread that I’m a child abuser because of this rap, man.
Yeah, prisons are said to not be the kindest place to men who do such things to pregnant women or children.

Well, that’s helpful. “He who didn’t say?” Bill asked. “Do you know the name of the man who hired you, your contact who gave you the details of the job?”

“John Black.”
Wow, Crusher really was low on the totem pole when he got hired by the help’s help’s help’s help’s hired roughman.

The courts had been suffering a backlog since Superman came to town.
So, maybe Superman is a bad guy after all! And could it be that John Black was actually in to get rid of Crusher here?

Having Luthor be “The Boss” of some large ghost criminal organization, which not only shook down all the minor criminals in the city but also tried to kill him, would fit right into that.
So, the Kryptonian finally snapped and got paranoid delusions.
SUPERMAN: I’ll also marry Lois Lane one day!
…paranoid delusions of grandeur apparently.
BATMAN: [Linked Image] Commisioner, I’ve got some pretty stones here that can help with your vigilante problem.

Bill also knew that Kent had a Nightfall-sized jones for the disreputable Ms. Lane, who was due to marry Luthor in a few days time,
shock Bill doesn’t know?
CAT: *Nightfall sized*? I *knew* they grew that big on Krypton!

“The job was for a hit on the woman,” Crusher explained. “I wasn’t supposed to kill her, just rough her up a bit for her husband.
Her husband doesn’t sound like a very nice man if he wants to have that kind of thing done to his wife peep

Henderson’s eyes widened. “Her husband wanted his pregnant wife roughed up by a… you?”
shock And here I was just purposefully misreading things laugh

I was supposed to shoot her…” Crusher lifted up his hands asking Henderson to wait on judgment. “— but not kill her.
So…where shoot her?

Just rough her up a bit, you know shoot her in the arm or leg or something, end her up in the hospital.
Wouldn’t it be awkward if he shot her in the leg and nicked her femoral artery?

Did he really believe that fairy tale? How exactly did Crusher think that it was okay to rough up or shoot a woman, but that he’d ‘never hurt a woman or child’?
Because he wouldn’t have involuntary sexual intercourse with them?

Henderson would have to do some research before deciding which D.A. to bring Crusher’s confession to.
Maybe that blonde skank who works for Lex’s competition?

Henderson decided to go ask him about what exactly this fabled Boss wanted him to keep his mouth shut.
RAJ: I no not know, sahib?

In the uncomfortable silence, Lois had asked her about Mr. Cox. Mrs. Cox’s informed Lois that her husband was dead in such a manner that left Lois feeling as if the woman had offed the man herself.
BETSY: He was a bad man. *snickers* Now he’s not. *snickers*

Who knew what she might find hidden in the manor house?
[Linked Image]

Such as, should they place the treadmill in their excessively huge bedroom or in a separate exercise room? Not whether she wanted to throw the damn thing off the side of a mountain instead of have it there to remind her of her curtailed freedom.
Well, at least he *is* giving her choices instead of chaining her to the treadmill and having her run for 2 hours each day?

Lois and Lex’s month long honeymoon to some annoyingly undisclosed and “clothing optional” location.
sick

Lex had told her that it would be as if they still lived in the city, because it would be a short helicopter ride away.
Perfect for going to shop the hottest jewelers in town?

She smiled. Clark. Thinking about his gentle touches and caresses reminded her that her life wouldn’t always be this horrible nightmare of Stepfordian domesticated bliss.
Mindcontrolled robot women?
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It was an engineering schematic, showing how something would move within a tube.
Like a bullet? Or a cage bar filling? Like they do with Cannoli? Maybe Lex has misspelled Cannoli as Kannoli and set up a wedding feast surprise for Lois?

Why would Lex want a hundred hollow one-inch pipes?
You arrange them standing so they fence in a square, then you put a Kryptonian inside the square and fill the hollow pipes with Kryptonite gas. Voila! Instant zoo attraction!

“It’s nothing for you to worry about, darling,” Lex reassured her by dismissing her suspicions as nothing and, therefore, accomplishing the opposite effect.
So, she’s not willing to consider that maybe he’s just plain condescending?

After seeing that padded torture wall, Lois didn’t want to contemplate what kind of sick pleasures Lex had planned for their wedded bliss.
/points to SQD’s last (?) story on Lois married to Lex/

“Nonsense!” Lex said. “And even if she did, it’s you I’m marrying, pet, not her.”
jawdrop He’s got a new pet name for her! Also, I think he’s a tad ticked off. Maybe a case of needing some personal assistance after smelling her anxiety?

What kind of honeymoon surprise would need welded steel pipes and gas canisters?
Superman joining the nuptials?

Was he planning on holding her hostage and gassing her with Revenge?
[Linked Image]

“Oh, Lex. Please tell me we aren’t going to have one of those kind of marriages. My parents kept secrets from one another and it drove them apart.”
So, she really wants to be chained up while Lex tells her every little bit of his endeavors?

No, no matter how much Lois despised the woman, Mrs. Cox had to survive. She knew too much about Lex’s operation. She would make a terrific star witness for the prosecution.
CLARK: Lovely woman I want to marry there. Platonically, I mean.

“Oh, please, don’t, Lex. I’m so embarrassed by these jealous feelings.
Maybe it’s pregnancy hormones?

A sly grin grew on Lois’s lips. Gotcha. She bet Lex’s mistress wouldn’t be thrilled by Lex’s pronouncement of his feelings. Now, all she had to do was get that recording into Mrs. Cox’s hands.
shock What a devious little harlot Lex has gotten into his wedding sheets there!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.