Originally Posted by LMA
Lois Kent.

Never gonna happen.

sad whinging Aww--man! Come on, Lois...That man loves you. Think it through before you get too sad...

'Happy' is on the way ... it is.

"And what made you think that this story-breaking find would be dangling off the end of the pier?"

I liked the worried-teasing from Clark here (and I did get a chuckle out of it, too clap ).

Thanks, I chuckle at that line too.

Great revelation idea--I had really figured that the pen mark was a non-issue after Clark washed his neck (but had liked the idea of her figuring out that way, if it were to happen). I really liked how you did this--and it was ironically-cool that it was her mark...her mark is what let herself in on the secret thumbsup.

Yeah. I'm surprised that I've not seen this kind of revelation anywhere before. The closest I can remember is lipstick on Clark/Superman's cheek from Linda King.

She loved him so much that, sometimes, all that got her through the day, was a desperate hope that Clark would offer to see her home and then kiss her goodnight. Really kiss her.

Really liked this admission from Lois...Love thinking about her at work, thinking and daydreaming about Clark smile.

I can really relate to Lois here. I feel as if I'm living empathically with her ... daydreaming about Clark walking me home and kissing me ...

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I totally wasn't expecting this part. ANY of it! notworthy You surprised me, left and right.

Phew. I was sure everyone would be seeing through my red herrings ... but I managed to fool you all.

Firstly, yea! Superman caught Lois. Wasn't expecting that.

Yup. He decided to leave her to her investigating ... but couldn't actually bring himself to move even thought he'd made the decision.

Lois lifted her head to look at Superman when she heard the unexpected, and rare, teasing tone, but instead of meeting his eyes she focussed on his neck, directly in her line of sight.

Her mouth dropped open and she completely forgot to answer.

Blue pen.

A short stripe of blue pen, just behind his ear.

Out of sight to anyone.
clap Total bait and red herring switch and bait again. You got me!

So, seems like everyone missed in part 2 the fact that Clark cleaned off the mark using a tiny mirror ... and he couldn't quite see where it ended behind his ear. But I did do it a subtly as I could.

A quiet sniff beside his ear had him slowing again. Was she crying? His pulse increased in concern. Was she hurt. Maybe a ragged piece of wood had slashed her on the way down. Panic began to overtake him. Surely she would have said something if this were the case. Then again, Lois Lane was never one to admit she was a mortal human. Getting her to hospital was a skill all in itself.

Indecision overtook him for a moment. Lois' safety was the most important thing in the world, to him. Well, second actually - her happiness being the first. He needed to take her to the hospital. But he was probably blowing this all out of proportion. All he had heard was one, barely audible, sniff.
Phew! *That* would have been totally embarrassing.

LOIS: Why are we at the hospital, Superman? I told you to take me home.

SUPERMAN: You sniffed.

LOIS: I sniffed? You've got to be kidding me?

lol

lol I managed to have Clark talk himself out of over-reacting. Wasn't that nice of me?

And now, the idea of being the one female to capture the heart of the Man of Steel ... strangely enough, it seemed even more impossible now. He had no romantic feelings for her. He didn't even want her to know who he was.
But, Lois, he hasn't told ANYONE! wallbash Argh! She can be so frustrating sometimes.

She really doesn't feel as if she is anything more than 'friend' to Clark at the moment. Poor Lois.

What a great twist! notworthy And definitely not one I've seen before. Totally not expecting it. Can't wait to see what happens at "The Apartment".

smile Hope you enjoy The Apartment just as much.

Originally Posted by Framework4
Delightful tale.

Originally Posted by AmyPrime
I think this was Lois's easiest acceptance of the secret that I've read!

I agree, and I think the title of next week's part
Next week Part 4 - The Apartment
gives away the ending. Maddog Lane arrives at Kent's apartment in a full rant mood.

Looking forward to part 4.

Really? Well, Lois has asked Superman to take her home ... There's another apartment gonna appear soon, much quicker than Lois could get herself to Clark's. And if she wanted to rant at him, why wait till he's back at his own place?

Just to repeat what I've mentioned above. Lois is NOT mad, because she is not under the impression that she 'deserved' to know this secret. She doesn't feel as if she had any right to know, even though they are friends. That's not to say that she isn't upset. She is. She is currently feeling heart-broken.

So. I wonder how many more surprises I can spring on you in part 4 then ... *strokes chin evilly*

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."