So, seems I caught everybody out. You all thought the pen mark would be the reveal ... then Clark washed it off ... but he didn't realise how far behind his ear it went!

Originally Posted by Kismatt
Awwww, Lois. Come on. Clark follows you around like a puppy. You don't think he feels the same way about you that you (have just realized that you) feel about him?

She's got no idea and has convinced herself of completely the opposite ...

Also, *puts on editor hat* I know this is picky, and I like the story (!!) but your British-isms are tossing me out of the story a little. Just an observation smile

thumbsup

Oops, sorry. I do have 2 rules I follow in regards to British/American. 1. I will try to use American phrases/words if possible (ie Apartment rather than Flat, Elevator rather than Lift etc - guess I need to add Flashlight instead of Torch too) as these characters are American. 2. If the word is correct I will use British spelling as I (the writer/storyteller) am British. (Unless it happens to be that the American character is spelling a word out loud - C O L O R - and then I will use American spelling).

Was there a particular phrase or word?

Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
This is a really interesting take. Usually Lois thinks that Superman is more attainable now that she knows he's Clark. I like her reasoning that makes her think that Clark is less attainable now that she knows who he is.

Yeah, I know this is unusual, but it's always seemed possible to me. If she wants Superman (who is distant) and finds out he is Clark (who is a friend) doesn't the combination of the two move Superman closer to her ... yet ... if it is Clark that she wants (who is a friend) and she finds out that he is Superman (who is distant) doesn't that move Clark further away from her? (Sort of like giving a numerical figure to each. Clark is 1 (in distance) Superman is 10. Combine them and you get average of 5. So ... if you want the 10 then 5 is nearer. If you want the 1 then 5 is further away.)

Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
Originally Posted by Kismatt
Also, *puts on editor hat* I know this is picky, and I like the story (!!) but your British-isms are tossing me out of the story a little. Just an observation smile

Every time a character pulls out a torch, I have to stop and remind myself that it's not a stick on fire. That particular British-ism really confused me when I first ran across it a few years back. Do the Brits ever use the term "flashlight"? What do they call what Americans call a torch? Is there a different name for it?

There is another name for what you describe ... but I can't bring it to mind ... argh ... although torch is definitely used by British for fire on a stick ...

I'm going to try and remember to use flashlight from now on. To me, it just brings to mind something more to the effect of a mini lighthouse... or a pulsing/flashing light. *shrug*

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I really don't care in general what vocabulary you use, but I would caution you that if you have Lois erase any pencilled doodles, you have her use an *eraser*; the British term for what we call an eraser has an entirely different, n-fic, meaning over here.

Not gonna use that... definitely not.

Originally Posted by AmyPrime
I think this was Lois's easiest acceptance of the secret that I've read! I can't wait to see how you resolve the romantic angle.

Hmm. I'm sure I've seen some pretty easy ones on the archive. But it's not common for Lois to accept so easy. In this case she doesn't feel that she had a 'right' to know because there had been no romance between them and so she can't be angry with Clark's choice to keep to himself.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."