Originally Posted by Mike M
I said recently that the epiphany of L&C for Lois is when she determines that she can hurt him (Clark) as much as he can hurt her. She always has assumed that the man could hurt/destroy her emotionally and never gave much thought that someone could be so in love with her that she could do the same to him. Probably due to the fact of never being with anyone that was true of. One of the reasons I always liked Scardino in the series (and in a lot of the stories here) is that he was (as Clark) vulnerable and Lois could (and did) hurt him. He always came across brash but like Lois underneath was a real softy.

Mike
Good point -- sort of like this revelation for Clark -- 'Being with you is stronger than me alone' (paraphrasing). They each find strength and vulnerability in each other. All the WAFFS! sloppy

And I like your point about Scardino, too. I hadn't thought of it like that before.

Originally Posted by Tailee
(First review on this message board)
Welcome to the boards!! smile1

So, now back to the story --

I love the little role 'Clark's Coffee' (TM!) plays in this story.

A solitary cup of coffee had been placed outside her door. She picked it up, recognising the take-out cup as being the same as the ones Clark had brought to their breakfast picnic.

"Clark?"

His name echoed along the vacant corridor.

"Are you there, Clark?"
I'm guessing the coffee was still hot... was Clark there, watching her? Afraid to speak to her? mecry

"You could give me your word that you won't write my story."

"You have it."

"Thank you," Jane said with a gush of relief. "I just want everyone to forget that Margaret Johnston ever existed."
Lois being true-blue, trustworthy is the best Lois. smile

Her heart swelled with sympathy. For Jane. For the injustice she had suffered. For a woman still paying for the selfish actions of her parents.

And for Clark. Who had also lost his first family. Who also kept a secret. Who also lived set apart from those he considered 'normal'.
I'm glad Lois made this connection.

She wanted time … time to help him see again.

See that they - Clark Kent and Lois Lane - that together, they could be incredible.

"I'm coming, Clark," she muttered. "I'll be there on Saturday, and then ..."

She chuckled softly as his smiling face floated through her imagination.

"… and then, you'll never be alone again."
Can't wait for the next part!!! smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink