This part was great! clap

Oh--and a big 'Welcome! wave ' Tailee...

Do I think we'll get a happy ending? Hmm...I'm guessing? I'm hoping, that's for sure smile. It's great to see Lois really realizing how much she cares about Clark. She knows that she loves him--and I was really proud of her for realizing this fairly quickly after she got home. They really only met a bit ago, and she really does have so much baggage--seeing her come to her realization was pretty heartwarming. And will Clark forgive her? Definitely. Don't see it any other way smile. I just hope Lois stays the course when they meet up in Iowa--and follows her heart...

Lois said, startled that she hadn't even thought about the potential for a story.

I hadn't thought of that--thought that there could be a 'story' here regarding Jane. Interesting--and glad it didn't occur to Lois, either. I feel bad for how alone Jane has been, and Lois' friendship obviously means a lot to her. Can't imagine what a story in the paper would have done for Jane frown

"It's my fault," she said. "I knew I should have told him. It was just … I never thought a man like Shane would be interested in me. Most people don't even notice I'm there. After … after I left my family, I was comfortable lurking in the background, and I never quite worked out how to leave it … until Shane came to Des Moines. He noticed me. He asked me out. He proposed. When I was with him, I felt just like everyone else. None of that other stuff mattered. I couldn't believe he wanted to be with me, and I just couldn't make myself …" Her words ground to a strangled sob.

Glad that Lois heard this--even though Clark's situation isn't exactly the same, she can learn a lot about Clark through Jane.

Jane, sometimes it's OK to make up a story to protect someone. Even if that someone is you."

Interesting, Lois smile

Clark Kent was certainly different.

And all those things that make him different, have helped to shape everything that Lois loves about him. Different is good thumbsup

A solitary cup of coffee had been placed outside her door. She picked it up, recognising the take-out cup as being the same as the ones Clark had brought to their breakfast picnic.

What an awesome idea, Corrina! LOVED the coffee outside the door. Such a thoughtful thing for Clark to do...to quietly show his love and support. Right-when-she-needed-him. Awesome!

He'd placed his life in her hands. She'd been so blinded by her own raging emotions that she'd mercilessly stomped all over his defencelessness and scorned him for his naivety.

Exactly! Great job understanding, Lois. She totally gets it--why this potentially can hurt Clark as much as it can. And she sees the trust he wholeheartedly put in her. Can not wait till they can talk this through...

I would gladly risk it all for a woman I loved.

Clark proved his statement completely clap

Looking forward to a flight back to Des Moines, and for hopefully ( dance ???) a happy ending.

Wonderful story...
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~