Originally posted by Christina:
Basically a shared universe is one where the other DC characters exist and DIRECTLY interact with the other characters on screen/page. An example of this is the Justice League comics and all these different events that go across multiple books (some of which are of no relation to one another.).
Yeah, I don't understand that either. If you only buy Superman comics, it would be annoying to finish a story to have to buy a Batman, Green Lantern, or Wonder Woman comic. Forcing your customer to branch out to other comics so they get their sales up, doesn't sound like a good way to keep a customer, IMO.

This means that ALL of the action and ALL of the dramatic tension is placed on the supers interacting with each other and the villains and very little (sometimes none) of the interaction is dedicated to the impact of the villains or the superheroes interacting with the civilians (which Lois has been with a few exceptions.).
So, all the stories deal with their super persona and not with their secret identity? What would be the point? Sounds kind of boring to me. I, personally, like the whole double-speak, hiding in plain sight, not trying to give anything away, aspect to the Clark Kent / Superman character. I prefer those stories to the ones only dealing with Superman. I guess that's why I like LnC and Smallville, is because they focus on Clark Kent persona more than Superman. He's more interesting person of the two personas. Okay, I admit it. I'm not really a Superman fan. shock I'm a Clark Kent fan. <<would hang my head in shame, only I'm not ashamed in the least.>>

S&S never designed Superman for that and Marston never designed Wonder Woman for that. It dramatically alters their core stories to unrecognition and waters down their impact to the point of non-existence.
I agree with you completely, which is probably one of the aspects of the lawsuit between DC and the heirs that made it drag on so long.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.