Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by Christina:
[b] I think one of the few things that I don't care about in the DCnU is is the use (dare I say overuse) of the shared universe. It takes the interaction from super/villain with civilian interaction to super/villain with super interaction.
You lost me, Christina. confused What are you trying to say here? [/b]
Basically a shared universe is one where the other DC characters exist and DIRECTLY interact with the other characters on screen/page. An example of this is the Justice League comics and all these different events that go across multiple books (some of which are of no relation to one another.). This means that ALL of the action and ALL of the dramatic tension is placed on the supers interacting with each other and the villains and very little (sometimes none) of the interaction is dedicated to the impact of the villains or the superheroes interacting with the civilians (which Lois has been with a few exceptions.).

S&S never designed Superman for that and Marston never designed Wonder Woman for that. It dramatically alters their core stories to unrecognition and waters down their impact to the point of non-existence.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)