Originally posted by Shallowford:
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
[b] [QUOTE] Krypton didn't have space travel until Jor-El invented it! And even then, all he had time to design was a prototype that would only fit a baby.
Your explanation makes sense. Krypton could have also had space travel but not star travel before the explosion. In that case, I guess there might have been something on another planet in Krypton's system worth investigating. [/b]
Mmm... I don't know about that. First off, I don't know what would have been there to investigate-- the sun went nova. And secondly, having their sun go nova would basically eliminate all of the planets in the system completely. Anywhere that they may have hypothetically travelled wouldn't have made it. Short of them actually being able to travel long distances (which we knoew they weren't) then it was a long shot to have been able to find any such technology. My bet would be that the spaceship was somehow made at the Fortress, but I have no idea how Superman expected anything to be there. Clark should be smarter than that. (Oh wait, this is the same guy who did the memory wipe kiss... huh.) Well, nevermind then. There's a boatload of stuff that doesn't add up about this movie.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain