Well, lets start with my disclaimer. I liked it enough that I own a copy. But that doesn't really say too much since I also own copies of all of the Christopher Reeve movies.

The Bad:
1. Kate Bosworth. Too young! VirginiaR outlined all my issues with Lois's age so I will simply ditto her comments. I don't object to a young Lois Lane, but in the context of this story, it was beyond ridiculous.
2. Brandon Routh: Too stiff!
3. The story. Poor. Clark's reason for disappearing and the whole “gone for 5 years” thing. Stupid!!! (Not every idea that comes to mind deserves being made into a story!) The basis of Luthor getting out of prison was unbelievable. The Clark/Lois/Richard triangle was – well, I don't know how to describe it, but I found it more of a distraction than an interesting plot. The fact that they left it unresolved at the end of the movie simply shows how bad the writing was. The Kryptonite island and the destruction of Metropolis... huh?

I think ultimately, I would have forgiven the rest if the story was any good. This movie began and ended with a horribly bad story idea. In my opinion, the basic story of both III and IV were better. The execution of those movies was worse, but the ideas were better.

The Good:
1. Production quality. I thought they did a good job with what they had.
2. Dandello's extension/resolution. Plane Storm makes this movie worth seeing.

Bob