All very valid points. The general concensus here is that she might have done the crime, but we can't blame the American justice system for the conviction... and I can see where that's coming from. In my opinion, she is guilty. If not of murder, then of negligence and possible abandonment. I do not believe that there is much that was withheld from the public about the case. But I was really glad to see LabRat state this:
ALL of the facts and that the story we get is distorted by media bias and media agendas.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! It's very easy to lose track of that fact. I once had a teacher a while back who explained that the American jusitce system was no longer "innocent until proven guilty" but rather "innocent until proven guilty unless tried by the media," in which case, it's the reverse. Regardless of whether she was guilty or not, the media (particularly through the tv medium) discusses it and re-discusses it until what was just speculation is turned into common knowledge (or acceptance thereof). Not to mention that there is no such thing as an unbiased news carrier. JMHO huh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain