This poll was posted after reading the responses I got on a post I place in the Message Boards yesterday. You can read my original post here.

I was going through the TOCs looking for older stories I hadn't read. The problem was, there was often no easy way to identify the Works-in-Progress (WIPs) from the finished stories.

I had an idea. What about using a specific Message Icon to indicate a story was Complete (either a vignette or a multi-part story that has been finished.)

I suggested we use the exclamation point inside the triangle, for example, to indicate Complete. (Right now, all the stories have a little note card icon.) Two counter-suggestions were made: that we leave the note card icon for Complete, and use a seperate icon for WIPs, or we use two new icons - one for WIP, one for Complete and leave the note card for older works, some of which are complete and some WIP. (Labrat posted some links showing there are actually other ways to determine if a story is complete or not.)

It also occured to me that one can, of course, go to the lcfanfic website and read finished gfics. Most of the nfics posted in the TOCs, however, are only available on these message boards.

So, what do you think?

Feel free to post with more explanations.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster