Ann,

ID is defined as you explain. This is also the definition I give above in my previous posts. As I say in my last post, ID scientists have written entire books explaining why evolution fails to explain the design evident in life, and why they believe intelligent design best explains certain features of life.

Where the overlap comes is in personal beliefs which was the topic of this poll. A person who believes in the Biblical account of creation might find it fascinating that the science of ID has discovered evidence that life *was* in fact designed. Said person could say he or she believed in both creationism and ID.

Likewise, there are many religious people who believe God created the universe and also that God used evolution to create mankind.

The first view can no more be used to discredit ID as a science than the second view can be used to discredit evolution.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster