I believe that we're all part of God's great big science experiment. He started it with the Big Bang (or whatever caused the universe to be created), and he "tweaks" it now and then. It gets to be an amusing thought when I think of a great big hand poking at genomes and such. (Think of Monty Python...) laugh

nd of course, since I grew up close to people who said that only Pentecostalism was the only revealed word of God, so that, by extension, God himself was really a Pentecostalist God, I will always ask, "Which God?", when people say that they believe that God created the universe. I will always wonder if they mean the Jewish God or the Muslim God or a Hindu God or the Baptist God or the Mormon God or another God, maybe even the Pentecostalist God, and then I always want to know how they can know that it was their own God and no other God who created the universe.
This is where I subscribe to the great giant cloud, for lack of a better phrase coming to mind. It's all the same god/supreme being. It's just different names and faces. For instance, if you ask 10 people to describe 1 particular person, you'll get 10 different descriptions. In this case, you get many descriptions, including multiple beings on some cases, but they pretty much boil down to the (mostly) same tenets as far as morals and ethics go.

If you insist that every word in the Bible is true, you must believe that the world and everything in it was created in seven days.
My argument for this is that it's God. Who's to say that his day is 24 hours? If you look at just our solar system, a day can be 176 Earth days (Mercury), 117 Earth days (Venus), 24 hrs (Earth), 24 hrs 40 min (Mars), 9 hrs 55 min (Jupiter), 10 hrs 33 min (Saturn), 17 hrs 14 min (Uranus), or 17 hrs 6 min (Neptune). And of course there was no one but Him to witness it. His day may be an eon or two!

Now, mind you, these are the thoughts that go through my lil head. They amuse me. laugh I shall never attempt to sway anyone's decisions... that's how religious discussions got banned at work for awhile. *whistlse*

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited