I don't post a lot here, but I love lurking and reading when I have the time. I have no problem at all with the political threads. I have seen it get out of hand on other boards, but here...well, "here" is completely different.

This board is like no other I have ever belonged to. The people that come here are some of the best people I've ever met and certainly among the most polite. I've seen highly touchy subjects debated with a cheerfulness and maturity that's almost unbelieveable. The "hottest" replies I have read are polite compared to other places I've been.

So, long story short, I vote that political threads are fine here, because the people that post on this board have the maturity to handle them and frankly, the intelligence that makes them a joy to read. I've learned more things here than many political forums I've visited. And I think the main reason for this is that on political sites you only get one side while here you see a topic debated from both sides in an intelligent manner and I think I gain a more balanced view of what the "truth" really is on a given matter.

Just my 2 cents.

Did is a word of achievement
Won't is a word of retreat
Might is a word of bereavement
Can't is a word of defeat
Ought is a word of duty
Try is a word of each hour
Will is a word of beauty
Can is a word of power

--Author Unknown