_A, not that I doubt your statement at all, please don't take this that way - but could you provide an example or two? I don't remember that happening, but it could be that I just didn't notice or since it didn't bother me, I didn't take note.
I would prefer not to name names, which I would have to do if I were to give examples. It's just something that's happened in the past and that I found frustrating. These days, I bite my tongue instead of replying with a snarky remark and move on.

As for the second statement, wouldn't that also apply to movies and baby high heels and weather related topics as well?
The major difference I see between politics and, say, baby shoes is that politics and religion are two topics people feel most strongly about, while they probably don't get very emotional or upset about baby shoes. There is a certain truth to the saying that if you want to stay friends with someone you should stear clear of discussing politics or religion with them wink .

Please realize that this is just my own opinion and most people here don't seem to mind politics on the boards. Honestly, it's not that big of a deal. I don't participate that much anymore anyway, so it doesn't really matter to me smile .

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa