Since I seem to be having trouble these days saying things without being misconstrued, I'll try to be clear and simple:

This is just me asking a question to see how people feel.

I'm not doing it in any official capacity. Not on anyone's behalf. Not with an agenda I'm trying to push.

The question is as simple as it looks: "How do you feel about political discussions on the boards?" It is about such discussions in general and not any specific thread.

I know some of you seem to be enjoying it. The current thread is certainly active enough.

On the other hand, I've heard from a few others who did not enjoy having such discussions here, for various reasons.

But, all told, that's only a small number of posters in each category, with, as it happens, some overlap. I'd like to get a look at the bigger picture. So, ironically/appropriately enough, I'm asking you to vote on the subject. (Non-bindingly, of course. As mentioned above.)

Please choose the answer closest to how you feel, even if it doesn't fit perfectly. The main choices basically ask you to rate your feelings on the subject from 1-7. Option 8 is primarily for those who never visit the OT or polls section of the boards (in which case, what are you doing here?). Please try to avoid choosing option 9 ("Other").

As always, feel free to expand on your answer by replying in this thread.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.