Yes, that is actually my voice. It never really seemed like anything special, but I'm glad you guys appreciate it. blush

(I do miss my childhood voice. Especially the ability to sing in the soprano range. Now I start straining if I try to go above tenor. Nothing you can do about that, though.)

Classica, about Vicki's post:

My understanding is that she had never considered anything other than Option One before, but that, hearing them aloud, she was beginning to think she liked Option Two better, after all. So, she did pronounce it like "laugh" and "taffy," but now she thinks she might change that. Make sense?

As for my accent, it's a fairly generic american one. According to a linguist friend, I'm reasonably close to what's considered "US Standard." It's not excatly unaccented (since, really, there is no such thing), but it's not particularly representative of any area (other than, perhaps, the central region of the east coast).

As for Lana... I don't actually have a preference.

I usually pronounce the "La" as in the musical note, so that it rhymes with "na." "La-na."

There's another version, though, where the first A is pronounced as in "apple." "Laa-na." (I guess, yeah, that would rhyme with "tan-a.") I've heard that often enough that I don't mind (or even really notice) it.

I'm not sure what you guys mean by "Lawna." I can only imagine hearing that from a Boston native...

Anyway, thanks for the responses and votes so far. The thread has been intresting, and it's nice to see Option One making at least something of a comeback in the polls. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.